PDA

View Full Version : Beta Reader Needed for 90k Dystopic Fantasy (Adult)

SamGlass
07-06-2016, 08:20 PM
I'm repurposing an old thread for a new project. I'm looking for a beta reader for my adult dystopic fantasy, GODSFALL. It's kind of darkly humorous. Non-explicit, though it has some language. It's complete at 91,000 words.

While I would be up for the right swap, school and work are absolutely insane right now, and I would really love if I could find a beta reader willing to check it out pro bono. I don't need lbl (unless that's just how you do), but any feedback I could get on plot/character development/etc. would be very much appreciated.

I've included a blurb below. If it piques your interest, PM me. Some beta experience preferred (I've been burned before).

------------------------------------------

The first god fell from the sky on August 30, 2028 in Brighton, England. By the time military forces eliminated it, nearly two weeks later, the city had been decimated.

In the twenty years that followed, more godsfall events ravaged the world. Europe. Africa. The Americas. Only a few dozen cities remain intact, and even their defenses are failing as the rate of occurrence increases. With the world stumbling toward its inevitable end, a multi-national organization known as the Anti-Deidic Coalition makes one last desperate ploy. It’s plan? To bring together the only people with any hope of defeating the falling gods—the people with godsblood running through their veins.

But not everyone wants to be a hero, and the ADC should’ve thought twice before it recruited Rowan Key, an amoral mercenary with voices in his head and fire at his fingertips. Blackmailed into heading a patchwork team of powerful Godsbloods from around the world, Rowan’s only chance of surviving his date with the deity is to kill it before it kills him.

On the bright side, when it all goes sideways, at least he gets to say he told them so.

Ikuko
10-15-2016, 09:39 PM
I will swap with you. I have some crit experience from other sites.

SamGlass
10-17-2016, 03:06 AM
Changed the thread. :) Beta reader needed!