International Postage

Status
Not open for further replies.

pdr

Banned
Reaction score
Not sure where to post this Jen, but it keeps on coming up so maybe you can Sticky it!

If you are having problems buying IRCs (Internationsl Reply Coupons) or don't like the huge price charged for them then you can buy stamps for these countries at these websites:

U.K. The Royal Mail: www.royalmail.com (Sheets of 100 only for £30.)
USA. The US Postal Service: www.usps.com (20 airmail stamps for $9.60)
N.Z. New Zealand Post: www.nzpost.co.nz (prepaid envelopes or stamps)
O.Z. Australia Post: www.auspost.com.au (prepaid envelopes or stamps)

Please add to the list.

Monet

Registered
Reaction score
I would really like to know the different costs of postage per ounce for Britain and Canada.

For example,

I sent a package that was 8 ounces here in America - I needed to put $2.20 postage on it. For my SASE, since I wanted it all back, I put the same $2.20 postage on it also.

My question would be:

If I sent this package to Canada, I put $2.20 on the outer envelope, but on my return envelope I want to put Canadian postage, but I need to know how much they need per ounce or metric measure of the package. I need to know what stamps to buy and how to know which ones to put on the package.

I know absolutely nothing about money denominations of other countries.

JenNipps

Have you JHS today?
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jenifernipps.com
Monet said:
I would really like to know the different costs of postage per ounce for Britain and Canada.

For example,

I sent a package that was 8 ounces here in America - I needed to put $2.20 postage on it. For my SASE, since I wanted it all back, I put the same $2.20 postage on it also.

My question would be:

If I sent this package to Canada, I put $2.20 on the outer envelope, but on my return envelope I want to put Canadian postage, but I need to know how much they need per ounce or metric measure of the package. I need to know what stamps to buy and how to know which ones to put on the package.

I know absolutely nothing about money denominations of other countries.

Monet,

I would venture to guess that you might need to contact your local post office about this. They might know. If they don't, perhaps they can point you in the right direction.

I'll look into it, too, but after I get back from the conference this weekend. This is something I hadn't considered.

pdr

Banned
Reaction score
A polite query...

to see why you must have your manuscripts returned.

Editors really love international writers who send disposable scripts. So do agents and publishers. It saves them time and keeps them good humoured.

My apologies if this is a condition of posting to Canada ot the UK.

May I also suggest that you check those websites for internet postal services as I think you might find the information there - well hidden maybe.

L M Ashton

crazy spec fic writer
Registered
Reaction score
Website
lmashton.com

For example,

You could visit the country-appropriate website for that information.

Canada Post has this information available on their website - click on "Rates and Prices" for a drop down menu.

Using your example, 8 oz=226.796 grams, which would cost CDN $2.49 by lettermail.

Status
Not open for further replies.