First Publishing Contract

Status
Not open for further replies.

Glass Valkyrie

Registered
Reaction score
Well, I have been deliberating for days on this, but now I have decided. I have accepted and signed my first publishing contract! I am excited and nervous all at the same time. It is with a small publishing company, but hey, you've got to start somewhere! It is for a children's chapter book. As some of you know, it's been a pretty rough year for me so far and I am just now starting to get my life back together, so it was really time for some good news. This is still pretty bitter sweet for me though. My grandfather was just diagnosed with stage 4 lung cancer and now I am not sure if he will live long enough to see my first book come out.

I am working on writing all the extra stuff for the book now (dedication, back of book blurb, acknowledgements, about the author page) and am finding that to be worse then writing the actual book!

muse

standing on head, typing one-handed...
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Congratulations on your contract.:partyguy:

Brenda Hill

Diva in Training
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.brendahill.com
That's so exciting, Glass Valkyrie. Congratulations! I'd love to hear about your progress with the company.

StephLondon

Registered
Reaction score
Congrats!!! I hope you're rightfully celebrating this, small publisher or not. Exciting stuff!!

Glass Valkyrie

Registered
Reaction score
Thank you all so much for your support and cheers!

I have some news. I now have two books set to be published by two different publishers. The first is being a little slow and not very forthcoming with updates which is aggravating, but maybe that is normal? I got a call from the second today and have been assigned a publishing coordinator. That manuscript has been submitted to their editor now. They said it will be 4-8 weeks until it gets back. Both have asked for ideas and suggestions on cover designs and so I have submitted those (although from what I've heard, I don't know how much they will consider my suggestions).

Anyway, thank you all again, especially those of you offering prayers for my grandfather. It really is appreciated.

books-tea-puppies

Registered
Reaction score
Huge congrats on both big successes! Good luck with everything and sending good thoughts for your grandfather!

Denevius

Banned
Flounced
Reaction score
Congrats! Wishing you lots of success and great future sales!

CathleenT

I write
Registered
Reaction score
I just saw this, and it's great! Two books are twice as good as one, right? Simple mathematics. :)

I said a few prayers for you and your grandpa, that you get through his terrible challenge with as much grace as possible.

telford

We learn by doing
Registered
Reaction score
Well done, Glass Valkyrie. Two publishing contracts? You're just greedy, aren't you? Huge congrats X two.

nossmf

Scribo ergo sum
Registered
Reaction score
A small company is still bigger than the company who published me (company of one: me). Kudos, and vaya con dios.

Status
Not open for further replies.