New Bush spokesman announced

Status
Not open for further replies.

SpookyWriter

Banned
Reaction score
WASHINGTON - Fox News commentator John Daily is the front-runner to become White House press secretary and a decision on his appointment is near, Republicans close to the White House said Tuesday.

Daily has told associates he would sort of like to take the job and he has had semi-serious discussions with White House officials, the Republicans said on condition of anonymity because of President Bush's dislike of news leaks unless they are favorable to his administration.

President Bush’s selection of Daily is intended to show the American public that he too is serious about newsworthy journalism. It is expected that Daily will also expand the daily news briefings to Saturday evenings with a personal broadcast of his own views.

“The White House eagerly awaits Mr. Daily’s constructive insights into life and reality of the inner workings here.” said a senior barmaid on condition of genuine animosity and a generous tip.

blacbird

Registered
Reaction score
According to Tucker Carlson (who now seems to have shed his bowtie), it's going to be Faux News Bush Shill Tony Snow. My guess is that Tucker is major disappointed in it not being him. Well, at any rate, changing Scott McClellan for Tony Snow will sure kick those approval rating up, won't it?

I was hoping it would be O'Reilly.

caw.

Blackheart

Daily is taking on way too much these days. he should just stick to golf

SpookyWriter

Banned
Reaction score
Shadow_Ferret said:
Why would any sane person want that job? It has to be the most gawdawful stressful, thankless job in the world. I'd liken it to being a hole patcher on the Titanic.
But just think of all the new material he would get from being an insider...:)

William Haskins

poet
Kind Benefactor
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.poisonpen.net
his general demeanor and ease at the podium will signify a drastic shift from mcclellen's deer-in-the-headlights presence.

it wasn't a value judgment on his political orientation.

GPatten

Dang...
Registered
Reaction score
Website
forum.m1911.org
Perhaps Katie Couric might learn something, other than sucking up to her liberal boss. No, wait! That’s it! They wanted her to entice Bush to unzip something so to catch him in the act.

Katie Couric! Sheeesh!

William Haskins

poet
Kind Benefactor
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.poisonpen.net
no problem at all. i spend a lot of time clarifying my statements around here. it's one of many failings as a writer.

blacbird

Registered
Reaction score
William Haskins said:
his general demeanor and ease at the podium will signify a drastic shift from mcclellen's deer-in-the-headlights presence.

it wasn't a value judgment on his political orientation.

He'll probably have the smarts not to announce that "the President didn't know about" something, even if (as is likely) the President didn't. I suspect McClellan's tenure was doomed the moment that statement spilled from his mouth during the Dubai ports fiasco.

caw.

Status
Not open for further replies.