Can someone give me a little help with Latin?

efreysson

Closer than ever
Registered
Reaction score
I just need one phrase really, but I want to get it right. I'm writing a space opera, and I have a military officer invoking top national security while swearing people to secrecy. Well, the nation is a Kingdom, and Google got me the mixture "Regnum Tutela." Does that work, grammatically?

Rufus Coppertop

Banned
Flounced
Reaction score
Tutela regnana would be better I think. It's grammatically similar to pax romana or Roman Peace.

In this case, tutela regnana translates to kingdomy security or security pertaining to the kingdom.

tutela regnum or regnum tutela would both just translate tothe equivalent of nation security rather than national security.

You could also use salus regni - safety of the kingdom or securitas regni - safety of the kingdom.

Other options are available but I'm just about to head out for a night shift.You can PM me for more options if you like and I'll get back to you over the next few days.

efreysson

Closer than ever
Registered
Reaction score
You could also use salus regni - safety of the kingdom or securitas regni - safety of the kingdom.

Other options are available but I'm just about to head out for a night shift.You can PM me for more options if you like and I'll get back to you over the next few days.

No need, I'll just go with salus regni. Thanks.

mccardey

Self-Ban
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Tutela regnana would be better I think. It's grammatically similar to pax romana or Roman Peace.

In this case, tutela regnana translates to kingdomy security or security pertaining to the kingdom.

tutela regnum or regnum tutela would both just translate tothe equivalent of nation security rather than national security.

Got such a crush on you.