Is it OK to send to two agents at the same time in the same agency, but in different countries?

tony6781

Registered
Reaction score
Hello, a lot of large agencies have outlets in different countries
e.g London, New York, Paris, Berlin, Sydney etc. As agencies are usually
strict about writers submitting to one agent at a time within their agency, and as response
times can be 2 to 3 months, which is just a nightmare if you want to submit to
someone else in that agency, would it be OK to submit to two agents at the same time (in the same
large agency) who are each located in offices in different countries?

hester

New year, new avatar.
Registered
Reaction score
I would be hesitant to do this, as agencies with branches in different states/countries generally have significant contact with one another. Obviously, I can't speak for all, but the general rule of thumb is one agent per agency at a time, no matter where the agent him/herself is located (and, just as a side note, some agencies only let you query one of their agents--check the guidelines before you query).

Your best bet is to review the agent listings at the agency and find the one you feel fits your work best--then, once you hear back (if it's not an offer), you can query the next on your list (assuming the agency has a policy allowing you to query a different agent after being rejected by another).

I hope this helps, and good luck!

Old Hack

Such a nasty woman
Super Moderator
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Read the agency's guidelines. If they say you're welcome to submit to more than one agent at a time you're good to go; if it asks you not to, then don't. If it doesn't specify, don't.