Free iPod Shuffle!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Celia Cyanide

Joker Groupie
Registered
Reaction score
Okay, many of you know me. A few might even say you like me. And you know I'm not a spambot, and I usually do a good job of keeping up with the free stuff around here. I found a site where you can earn a free iPod Shuffle. It's totally legit. My iPod shuffle just came in the mail today.

http://www.ipodsweepstakes.com

I refused to even sign up until someone I knew got hers. And it worked, so I signed up and got mine. I didn't want to post this here until I had received it, so that I could confirm that it really does work. Here is what you do:

1) Go to yahoo or hotmail and get a new email address to be used just for this. Keep it short. Some emails might be too long to use for this. [email protected] was too long for me to use, so I tried [email protected], and that worked. You will get a lot of spam, so you need a secondary email adress that you can check, but you don't use regularly.

2) Sign up at the site. You earn pod points by completing offers on the site, and the ones they email you. When you have earned 1000 pod points, you get your free iPod shuffle. It says it will take 4-6 weeks, but mine came in less than 2.

3) There are some offers that require a credit card and what not. Do not complete those. There are enough that are totally free and do not require a credit card for you to earn an iPod shuffle without it. They put up new offers every now and then, and you will always be able to earn enough pod points.

4) It may take a few days for your pod points to show up. There are a lot of people doing this now that people know it is legit.

5) Some of the offers may require confirmation, which is why you need to check your email. In many cases, you will not get your pod points until you do this.

6) Make sure the email you use for the offers is the same as the one you signed up at the site with. You can change your email at the site, but make sure you use the same one for the offers.

7) Every time you click on an offer, you get a chance to win an iPod shuffle, too. There is a drawing each day. I know someone who won one this way as well.

Does this take a while? Yes. Is it hard? No. It took me a couple weeks to earn one, but it was kind of fun, and all it has cost me is a lot of spam at an email address I no longer use. If you want a free iPod shuffle, this really does work.

Shwebb

She's the creepy-looking dude
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Rachel, I tried to sign up for this with your wonderful instructions--I've enjoyed all the bargain threads you've posted, and I trust your judgment.

However, when I tried to sign up, our Spyware Doctor program would absolutely not let me proceed. My husband has done a good bit of research on the anti-virus/malware program detectors (he's actually, well, a bit anal about it) and he says that if it wouldn't let me access it, then it's a good bet that there might be malware/spyware being slipped onto your system.

I don't know if this is an absolute fact, but you might want to try running a spyware program on your system just in case.

(Dang! My husband says not to risk it, or I'd still give it a try! But maybe having our system invaded isn't worth it.)

Celia Cyanide

Joker Groupie
Registered
Reaction score
Zoinks! That is good information! Fortunately for me, I did this at work, and I don't have to worry about spyware there. They have the best spyware programs.

mdin

The late, the great XThe NavigatorX
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.mattdinniman.com
I'm doing it while at work, but I've been slacking. There are tons of offer websites that try to install all sorts of crap. If you're not up on that sort of thing, this is probably an offer you want to avoid because it won't be worth it.

And definitely use an email address other than your main one. The one I'm using for this is averaging about 30 spams an hour.

TwentyFour

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
I tried to do this and I didn't earn much but recieved 60 spams a day, I tried for two months and never got one...I didn't even get the points for the ones I did fill out. I tried to fill out for 20 points a day and it would never give me any I barely got a total of 300?

Celia Cyanide

Joker Groupie
Registered
Reaction score
Did you create an email account just to use for this? That's really the only way to avoid the spam is to set up another account for it. It does take a long time to get credited, now that people know this is legit.

I am up to 648 now. I will post again when I get my nano.

TwentyFour

Registered
Reaction score
Yes I did and I still never got credit for all the crap I did fill out. It only gave me points for the first week then it wouldn't give me any more. It even stopped giving me points for my emails I opened from them.

veinglory

volitare nequeo
Self-Ban
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.veinglory.com
How on earth did you get enough points? i signed up but every deal goes a page in and requires a purchase, or the page freezes or something else. So I have 16 points. When I remove those that require money or do a credit check (many check trash your credit score) very few are left and the misleading wording leaves me constanbtly concerned as to what i am agreeing to?

TwentyFour

Registered
Reaction score
Veinglory I came across very few that took just an email, and when I did sign up the page froze or it would not allow me to get my points after signing up and then it would resend me to a new page....I was very confused...lol.

veinglory

volitare nequeo
Self-Ban
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.veinglory.com
I think that if you give the emaill, goes to the next page and then close the window, you get the points. But with the enormous delay to points showing up it is hard to tell?

Celia Cyanide

Joker Groupie
Registered
Reaction score
The best ones to do are 15-20 points. They show up fast, and don't take too long. I have 648, in addition to the 1000 I already spent on my shuffle, and I have never spent any money, so it's possible. In the thread I posted, someone said that they called the company, and they were really nice, and helped them get all the points needed. The phone number is in there, if you're having trouble.

Another way I got more points is by completing the same offers when they came through email. In most cases, you can get points for the same offers twice, if they happen to get emailed to you.

veinglory

volitare nequeo
Self-Ban
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.veinglory.com
This has been an interesting exercise in honesty. Where do i draw the line. Well I sure won't pretend to be diabetic or bipolar to get a free sample and dozens of points. that's a flat out lie. But I will get free information about selling holidays or getting grants that I am pretty sure not to do--but it's not totally impossible...

(129 points and running out of relevant offers--do they post more?)

Celia Cyanide

Joker Groupie
Registered
Reaction score
Yeah, I know what you mean! Some of the ones for certain illnesses have places where they ask you if you are filling out the form for someone else, though. So if you know someone who has those illnesses, you can get the coupons.

veinglory

volitare nequeo
Self-Ban
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.veinglory.com
Hmm. I think I'll steer clear of medication. I don't mind exploiting time share companies but diabetic testers is pushing it--

Celia Cyanide

Joker Groupie
Registered
Reaction score
I'm up to 728. I just got a big boost, because I called that number. They are very helpful. If you are careful to keep track of the offers you have done, you can call them, and they will credit you right away. But I waited about 2 weeks first.

I cut and paste all the offers I have completed into an email to myself and put the date in the subject header. 2 weeks after that date, I called on all the ones I hadn't been credited for.

veinglory

volitare nequeo
Self-Ban
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.veinglory.com
I'm at 543 so a little over half way but totally out of motivation. I'll check back later when they have some new offers.

veinglory

volitare nequeo
Self-Ban
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.veinglory.com
I am not much further ahead in points--but just got an email saying I won an ipod in a random draw. One must send forms, photos and id. The form it seems must be notarised (notarised?). But still. Free ipod. I'll tell you when (assuming "if" does not apply) it arrives. In the same time I must note I have earned 3 times the price of a shuffle as a forum booster and that is hardly a high paid job.... still, um, yay!

Status
Not open for further replies.