Sample Match - A Place Where Authors can Cross-Promote their Works

Saskatoonistan

Still the wrong side of Saskatoon
Registered
Reaction score
Website
sean-cummings.ca
Hi there. I just wanted to let people know that I put together a small forum on my website called SAMPLE MATCH. I have this crazy idea that self-pub authors can cross promote their works. This is what it's about:

What is Sample Match:

It's a web forum where indie authors can connect with other indie authors with the overall goal of cross-promotion of each other's novels.

How does it work?

Create a thread with the title of your book along with cover art, what the book is about, links to your website and how to contact you. When two authors connect, they can provide sample chapters of forthcoming or already published books where one or both authors can add sample chapters to a forthcoming book.

Why Sample Match?

Because the issue of discoverability is the number one challenge facing indie authors. Amazon is the world's bookstore. Kindle Direct Publishing allows anyone with an Internet connection to self publish a book in a matter of minutes. That means that it's harder and harder to get noticed. Sample Match proposes that the best way to promote books is for authors to cross-promote within their fan-base. What better place to cross-promote than by adding a sample chapter of another author's book complete with cover art as well as buying and social media links.

Does this cost anything?

No.

Why should I try it?

Why not? Book promotion is a massive challenge at the best of times. Authors are not competing against each other - we are all on the same side. We want to write. We want to increase our readership and make some money while we're at it.

It's located here: http://sean-cummings.ca/forum