How many blogs do you read regularly?

Your blog reading habits

• Total voters

juniper

Always curious.
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Yeah, just what the title says. Do you read certain blogs on a regular basis? Or do you just happen upon blogs while doing a google search?

I have a few blogs that I have bookmarked on my phone, to read once or twice a week on my lunch break at work. Sometimes I don't look at them for a couple of weeks. Four of them are writers' blogs (John Scalzi, Chuck Wendig, "Jungle Red" (a group of women mystery writers), and one other. Two other blogs are health related. A few years ago I read a lot more, but have tapered off.

I read other blogs that I see a link to, often on AW, but none I look up on a weekly or even monthly basis.

What's your blog reading like? Do you read all sorts of blogs, or do you stick to just writing, or just crafts, beer making, hiking, or other single subjects?

Last edited:

jjdebenedictis

is watching you via her avatar
Registered
Reaction score
I used to read a lot of blogs regularly. I don't read any regularly now.

WriterDude

Writer?
Registered
Reaction score
I read the blogs that my searches lead to. If they're any good I devour the content and move on but I'm usually looking for something very specific. Modelling techniques or something.

I've never followed a blog or blogger.

CathleenT

I write
Registered
Reaction score
I read a LOT of blogs. Daily. I'm in with a group who reciprocate reading each other's work. I'll admit, at times when I'm looking at messages for fifty-odd likes in my inbox, I feel like throwing up my hands and crying uncle. When I get too far behind, I quit posting until I can catch up.

But I've met a lot of lovely people this way, some of whom make me look mild with how far they go to try to help others. And I've learned a lot of interesting things about people's reading habits. I've seen cliche story ideas generate huge responses because they were well written. I've learned that my definition of well written is not necessarily the same as someone else's. Granted, this can be learned in SYW as well, but AW has a culture to it (like most groups), and it was eye-opening to see a greater variation in what people like.

Curlz

cutsie-pie
Registered
Reaction score
Blogs are not what they used to be ;) There are couple of "personal diary" type of thing that I still read because the authors are very interesting people with awesome style. I just enjoy listening to them "talking" about whatever but also, they talk on subjects that I'm interested in. Occasionally I also go through magazine-type blogs on single topics. Although those are called "blogs" they are more like a mag. I don't google for blogs but if the search result turns out to be a blog, I'd give it a look. There are so many of those mag-blogs now that it's not worth bookmarking and sticking with one anymore, really. I've recently checked some old bookmarks and an amazing number of them don't exist anymore, so I don't bookmark blogs anymore at all.

Helix

socially distancing
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
snailseyeview.medium.com
Most of the blogs I read are about natural history and science communication, with some art and history. Of the writing-related blogs, I spend most time reading those by authors whose work I like.

nighttimer

No Gods No Masters
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
How many blogs do I read regularly? Fewer than I should, but there's so many of them and so few are compulsory reading.

Being a blogger myself, I try to give back and read other bloggers. I'm most interested in blogs that have something to say and are written well as they say it. I'm a news, current events and politics junkie and that's the sort of blogs which I'm more attracted to.

I like kittens too, but blogs with funny kitten pics are not going to be ones I bookmark and follow.

heyjude

Making my own sunshine
Registered
Reaction score
I used to read a lot of them... maybe a half dozen or more a day. But after Google Reader closed, I stopped. Just flat out stopped. Never could get that other reader site to work. And now I'm too busy to read a lot. But there are a few I'll check in with if I see something about on Facebook or whatever.

:Shrug:There, try to parse the grammar in that last sentence. I don't care, I'm still on my first cup of coffee. :ROFL:

ap123

Twitching
Registered
Reaction score
I read a good handful each day, and follow many. When I first started my blog, I read others more faithfully. I almost never read writing blogs, with the exception of a couple of friends. For me, it's like reading fiction, more about the voice than the subject, I follow political blogs, eclectic blogs, cooking, photography, special needs parenting. I enjoy blogs that feel like blogs, i.e. interactive with a person behind them. I haven't been good about picking newer blogs to follow, so many people stop after a few months or a year.

Disa

Registered
Reaction score
Website
disawylde.wordpress.com
I read blogs sporadically. I've only just recently started reading them at all. I read blogs about writing, but also about the metaphysical topics that interest me and that I include in my writing. I read blogs about crafting. I don't write a lot on my blog, and I don't read blogs very often. I guess my blog is more of a holding site for things I've done and sites I frequently visit.

Last edited: