• Read this stickie before posting.

• In order to reduce the number of new members requesting a Beta reader before they're really ready for one, we've instituted a 50 post requirement before you can start a thread seeking a Beta reader.
    • You can still volunteer to Beta for someone else; just please don't request someone to Beta for you until you're more familiar with the community and our members.

Seeking beta for middle-grade fantasy (73k words)

Status
Not open for further replies.

RPMcMurphy

Registered
Reaction score
Hello friends,

I've revised and edited this manuscript too many times at this point. Looking for a beta to take a look and help me with my story. Willing to trade if desired. Email me at [email protected] if interested. Thanks.

Here's my rough query at the moment:

In a village hidden away from the outside world a curious, young girl is pulled beyond her borders. Jade hears the voice of a beckoning waterfall and a frog's croak urging her to leave Katkan village. It's just the excuse she needs to climb the logwood fence and explore the woods for the first time.

That excuse saved her. Looking back, a blaze of flames is all that marks her village. A strange, hand-sized creature encourages her to follow him through a secret burrow, and knowing she can't go back, Jade complies. Little does she expect to fall into a cave landing face-to-face with her dying lord. "Destroy the Valcormin," he whispers and thrusts a magical stone into her hands.

With a priceless artifact in her possession and tasked with an impossible quest, Jade's only hope is reaching Brevelain Heights far to the north. But the Valcormin wolf-creatures hunt her while the ghostly goblins shadow her every move. The young Katkan equipped with only courage, intuition, and a hand-sized creature is forced to trust a stranger as a guide for any chance against the evil legion. But do his true intentions align with Jade's indomitable journey?

Status
Not open for further replies.