PDA

View Full Version : TV show you can't let go?

allthefeels
06-05-2016, 10:33 AM
Wondering what show(s) have left their mark for you. I think most people have at least one (Firefly comes to mind as a big one), of those shows that just felt epic at the time, perhaps ended too early (or were around for a record-breaking length) and will stick around as a favorite forever (even though when you look back now the video quality is terrible, the acting probably not quite what you remember it being....)

I have a few shows that I will always appreciate in terms of writing quality, acting, characters, etc., but my ONE is Roswell. The storyline was full of holes, they never quite figured out what 'the show' was (Is it romance? is it sci-fi?), but it resonated with me emotionally and I have been unable to let it go.

What's yours?

mccardey
06-05-2016, 10:38 AM
The West Wing had me for more years than I like to think about.

Diana Hignutt
06-05-2016, 01:49 PM
Breaking Bad

WriterDude
06-05-2016, 01:55 PM
Babylon 5 really sparked my imagination in a way that nothing else has before or since. The scope of the story was massive and combined hard Sci fi elements with legends and mysticism.

The remake of battlestar galactica went along way to recapture that magic but it turned out to be hyperbole and impossible to re watch after the finale.

Firefly went before its time, Tru Calling got cancelled just when it going.

I want to say doctor who since it occupies a lot of my head space but it just isn't doing it for me in its current form, but that's part of its beauty. It will get good again.

Laurasaurus
06-05-2016, 07:58 PM
Twin Peaks.

KateSmash
06-05-2016, 08:19 PM
Farscape. Farscape. Farscape.

Which reminds me - it's about time for my yearly summertime rewatch.

Brightdreamer
06-05-2016, 08:58 PM
Farscape. Farscape. Farscape.

Oh, definitely. One of the most original SF shows on the air - and one that actually got a proper send-off, thanks to organized fan support.

Also seconding Babylon 5, though I don't think most of Season 5 should've happened... particularly what they did to Lennier.

The Wild, Wild West was one of my first fan-level obsessions, one of those shows with bits that stick with you for years, even if it wasn't particularly deep or profound. Just so imaginative and fun and original. (And I still deny the existence of that movie...) The British TV show The Avengers also had some moments like that.

Buffy the Vampire Slayer. All-around excellent with surprising depth, plus one of the most empowering finales I've ever seen.

The X-Files always has a special place in my memory for the fan community (first time I've ever hopped a plane to spend a weekend with total strangers I only knew through the internet), though I will never forgive them for those last years, and that miniseries was just another betrayal.

The OP mentioned Roswell - I've heard that a lot of the issues with that came from behind-the-scenes conflicts between the writers. Great first season, the rest wavered terribly, but it managed a decent send-off (reportedly due to serious strong-arming by Frakes.)

And on a completely different note: Sledge Hammer! and Police Squad!, both of which would've fared better had cable been an option. They were a big part of my childhood, and hold up reasonably well. (The movies of PS have been irrevocably tainted by OJ Simpson's involvement, though - plus they weren't the same, being cruder and not quite the same characters. And they cut Johnny the all-knowing shoe-shiner.)

And Twilight Zone is always memorable. Lots of tales that were (at the time) very twisty, and hold up decently today.

For the most part, though, I gave up on series TV. Too many good shows either die too soon or (worse, sometimes) too late.

Cyia
06-05-2016, 09:12 PM
Roswell was a good show, but it didn't know what it was. Season one was set-up. Season two, they decided to go with teenage drama, while trying to turn Isobel into a Buffy-clone in leather. Then it was cancelled and moved to a new network where they decided that it was the lack of sci-fi that made people turn on season 2, so they ramped up the sci-fi and bleh.

I liked a show called Invasion that ended on one of the worst cliffhangers ever, and I will NEVER understand why Quantum Leap had to end with that stupid post-ending crawl that wrecked THE WHOLE THING.

Also, Stargate Universe. DUDE, you DO NOT leave people hanging like that!!!

Lavern08
06-05-2016, 10:44 PM
There was a series on NBC called Kings - Based on I and II Kings (from the old testament) that I really, really enjoyed.

Thought it was well done and liked the modern-day twist they gave it - One of the few productions that pretty much stayed in line with the scriptures.

I was so bummed when they cancelled it! :e2bummed:

Maze Runner
06-05-2016, 10:56 PM
For me, The Sopranos was as well written and acted as any show I've ever watched.

aleighrose
06-05-2016, 11:03 PM
Also, Stargate Universe. DUDE, you DO NOT leave people hanging like that!!!
I still want to know what happened to the crew. The show got canceled right when it was getting good. The secondary characters were finally showing their personalities and becoming really likable. It pisses me off that it did not have a proper ending, but I know they were hoping the show would get renewed for another season. It just didn't happen.

"Twin Peaks" is probably the show that I can never let go. They're finally going to finish the storyline next year when they bring the show back for a "25 years later" sort of thing (which fits perfectly with Laura's final line, "I'll see you again in 25 years"). I cannot wait!

MST3K and "Psych" are still my go-to comedy shows.

"The X-Files" holds up well over the years. Those new episodes, though, were less than stellar. I liked maybe two of them (the one with the were-human and the one with the trash man). The rest felt like they weren't paced well or were just too ridiculous.

"Southland" was a very realistic cop show. For some reason, it never did well in the ratings. I wish it had stuck around a few more years, even though they killed off my favorite character. The show also ended on a cliffhanger that had my second favorite character's life hanging in the balance. Now, I'll never know if he lives.

"The Unusuals" was an atypical cop show that was canceled after only 10 episodes. ABC made it disappear until one of the stars, Jeremy Renner, appeared in The Hurt Locker and became famous. Suddenly those 10 episodes reappeared and can now be bought on DVD or through Amazon Instant Video. This is another show that ended without anything being resolved. My favorite character was left struggling to decide whether he wanted to have surgery to remove a brain tumor or just let himself die. The show had a good amount of goofy humor with drama mixed in. It just wasn't given time to find its audience.

tjwriter
06-05-2016, 11:53 PM
Way back in the day, The Adventures of Brisco County, Jr. Ended after only one season, but the whole family gathered round to watch that show.

I was rather fond of The Dresden Files even though I hadn't read the books when the series aired. It was just a pleasant fantasy magic based show that was on when I was wanting something imaginative while writing on Sunday nights. The Librarians seems to do a good job of filling the gap these days.

shakeysix
06-06-2016, 12:52 AM
Doc Martin. He lives in a small town that drives him crazy. I live in a small town that drives me crazy. What more to want? --s6

Noizchild
06-06-2016, 05:08 AM
Most anime for me.

vanilla
06-06-2016, 06:34 AM
Batman: The Animated Series, Superman: The Animated Series, and Justice League(all of Bruce Timm and Paul Dini's DC hero shows of the 90's and early 2000's actually). The artwork, even from the early episodes is phenomenal and despite the lack of strength in the stories of the revamped New Batman Adventures, the art style streamlined it nicely for the overlap with Superman. I still have the feature length films, World's Finest Batman and Superman crossover and Mask of the Phantasm, which exemplified everything that was great from the shows. Some of the episodes from BTAS are a bit stale or boring to me now, especially first season, as they focus on realistic criminals and crime fighting, and I kind of roll my eyes at what were some of my favorite episodes of Batman Beyond, once upon a time. But the origin story for Superman in the pilot episodes of the animated show is one of the best renditions of it and really helped humanize not only the Kryptonians but also Superman/Clark Kent himself. I'm not a Superman fan but I'll watch that cartoon any day, and the Justice League was stellar with its well-rounded cast and storytelling. I was so wrapped up in the Shayera Hol/Hawkgirl drama and the Flash was endearing enough that you really felt the impact in the episodes where he almost dies. These shows will always stick with me and despite not being particularly fond of the super hero genre in general, the unique way they handle the material has me invested in these stories and the archetypes and themes have influenced me a lot in what I write and how I write now.

telford
06-06-2016, 06:44 AM
Stargate SG1 and Star Trek tos. Great entertainment.

Feidb
06-06-2016, 06:46 AM
To me, much of the time it's all the ones they cancel. Then again, I don't count anyway. I'm not in the 18-49 demographic. I have a few choice words to them about that!

Zombie Fraggle
06-06-2016, 05:29 PM
There was a series on NBC called Kings - Based on I and II Kings (from the old testament) that I really, really enjoyed.

Thought it was well done and liked the modern-day twist they gave it - One of the few productions that pretty much stayed in line with the scriptures.

I was so bummed when they cancelled it! :e2bummed:

Yes, THIS.

I was so upset when Kings got cancelled, and they didn't even consecutively air all the shows they had filmed. Four episodes at the start of the season were on Sundays in March, then they moved to Saturday for one episode, and then they cancelled the show. The remaining seven episodes were broadcast as slot-fillers in June and July. The show was so, so good.

I think the biggest misstep (aside from it being on NBC, which always seems to break my heart with premature cancellations: The Event, Hannibal, and more recently Game of Silence), is the fact that the network did NOT mention that it was a Biblical retelling in the advertisements. I guess they thought it would turn some people off, but I think the opposite happened. Sebastian Stan was particularly wonderful to watch on Kings, and Ian McShane never disappoints.

I'm almost to the point with NBC where I might wait until a series ends, and then binge-watch it on Netflix or Hulu so it doesn't get yanked out from under me.

Lavern08
06-06-2016, 06:44 PM
Doc Martin. He lives in a small town that drives him crazy...
Yep, lurve me some Doc Martin. :Thumbs:

Gilroy Cullen
06-06-2016, 06:46 PM
Let me see what I can work here...

Firefly
Stargate Atlantis. (I felt SG1 had run its course. The Ori were a mistake.)
Leverage (Though the final scene does make such a nice full circle connection)
Angel
Tru Calling (Second vote. Wished they hadn't meddled and brought Jack in so early)
Dresden Files

Enjoying and wishing they weren't going away:
Royal Pains
Rizzoli and Isles

KTC
06-06-2016, 06:47 PM
Fame

Family

Little House on the Prairie

Amadan
06-06-2016, 06:55 PM
The Wire.

JimmyB27
06-06-2016, 07:07 PM
Wondering what show(s) have left their mark for you. I think most people have at least one (Firefly comes to mind as a big one), of those shows that just felt epic at the time, perhaps ended too early (or were around for a record-breaking length) and will stick around as a favorite forever (even though when you look back now the video quality is terrible, the acting probably not quite what you remember it being....)
The one that springs to mind doesn't fit many of your criteria (I think it was just about the perfect length, the acting was impeccable, etc), but it was definitely epic, and imo the finest piece of war drama ever made. Possibly the finest piece of drama full stop. I'm talking about Band of Brothers. There was a follow up, The Pacific, but somehow it didn't capture the magic of the original.

regdog
06-06-2016, 08:10 PM
Transformers

Max Vaehling
06-07-2016, 12:32 AM
Buffy, most of the X-Files, Firefly, Veronica Mars are probably my most obvious choices.

Leverage and Hustle are shows I keep coming back to if I have an hour to kill and don't want to bother with season arcs. (Hustle is more self-contained in that regard but I don't always have a full hour.) Oh, and The Rogues which is pretty much Hustle but from the Sixties. The writing totally holds up.

Northern Exposure is the kind of sub-genre that I usually hate (quirky, likeable characters in a small-town setting where everything is just conveniently quirky and likeable) but I love it.

The Rockford Files alternate between guilty pleasure and "wait, did they really just do that?". Garner is as charming as he ever was and while the writing was both here and there, some of the writers - David Chase, Juanita Bartlett and Stephen J. Cannell are the first to come to mind - really did reliably outstanding work.

M.S. Wiggins
06-07-2016, 02:02 AM
Lost.

I was a Lostie, completely consumed by the show. My earlier writing was very much influenced by it . . . still is.

Gilroy Cullen
06-07-2016, 03:28 AM
Forgot one from my list.

Eureka

allthefeels
06-07-2016, 05:15 AM
The one that springs to mind doesn't fit many of your criteria (I think it was just about the perfect length, the acting was impeccable, etc), but it was definitely epic, and imo the finest piece of war drama ever made. Possibly the finest piece of drama full stop. I'm talking about Band of Brothers. There was a follow up, The Pacific, but somehow it didn't capture the magic of the original.

It definitely doesn't need to fit my criteria, those were just examples. Band of Brothers was great. There's definitely something to be said for a limited series run - something that can be planned with a start / middle / finish, and doesn't have to deal with cancellation, ratings, etc.

Lost.

I was a Lostie, completely consumed by the show. My earlier writing was very much influenced by it . . . still is.

I'm surprised no one else has mentioned this one. Your comment about your writing being influenced by it is really intruiging. I'd be interested to hear which elements you've adapted, although this thread isn't the right place for that...

Ser Michael P
06-07-2016, 05:42 AM
Same here on Lost. I watched it on my own, then binge-watched it with the family years later. It's weird. Some of the things I didn't really like the first time were plenty great the second time around.

aleighrose
06-07-2016, 05:53 AM
Stargate Atlantis. (I felt SG1 had run its course. The Ori were a mistake.)
I completely agree. SG-1 should've ended after season 8. Hell, the season 8 finale made for a brilliant series finale, and then they went and continued it for another two seasons and made it kind of cheesy. Atlantis, on the other hand, could've continued for at least two more seasons. I don't know why they canceled it.

Lost.

I was a Lostie, completely consumed by the show.
I was a Lostie too. I obsessed over the show from the pilot episode up to the last season when the show started pissing me off. I knew that weird stuff was happening on the island, but I honestly thought there would be a coherent explanation for it all. And the very end left me so disappointed because it was exactly what the writers and producers had been promising they would not do.

Lauram6123
06-07-2016, 06:30 AM
Deadwood.

Sungoddess
06-07-2016, 06:41 AM
Breaking Bad

Shadow Dragon
06-07-2016, 08:34 AM
Daria. Didn't have the prettiest animation, but the writing and character growth in it are incredible.

Laurasaurus
06-07-2016, 01:21 PM
"Southland" was a very realistic cop show. For some reason, it never did well in the ratings. I wish it had stuck around a few more years, even though they killed off my favorite character. The show also ended on a cliffhanger that had my second favorite character's life hanging in the balance. Now, I'll never know if he lives.

Yes! Southland was amazing. I came across it by accident one night and proceeded to get completely obsessed.

Northern Exposure is the kind of sub-genre that I usually hate (quirky, likeable characters in a small-town setting where everything is just conveniently quirky and likeable) but I love it.

I loved Northern Exposure. I always felt like it was a much happier and much less terrifying replacement for Twin Peaks.

mccardey
06-07-2016, 02:03 PM
Deadwood. I liked this. Also the British version of House of Cards.

be frank
06-07-2016, 02:22 PM
Seconding (thirding?) Buffy, Veronica Mars, and Band of Brothers (man, check out where that cast list is now -- tiny bit players in the series include Michael Fassbender, Tom Hardy, James McAvoy...)

Adding in Wonderfalls.

Helix
06-07-2016, 02:30 PM
Edge of Darkness

ETA: Which had a soundtrack by Eric Clapton

mccardey
06-07-2016, 02:33 PM
And Masterchef. Obvs.

ETA: Oh and hello, DR WHO

ajaye
06-07-2016, 03:51 PM
Leverage and Hustle are shows I keep coming back to

Ooh I love Hustle. The other night I fluked catching an episode of By Any Means. Gotta be the same writers/producers, same format but based on a rogue justice squad setting up to take down the slippery no-goodskies that keep avoiding the judicial system. Loved it.

I adored Alias Smith and Jones. Horses and cute guys, what's not to love.

Max Vaehling
06-07-2016, 05:14 PM
Yeah, I sought out By Any Means because of the shared DNA (aka Tony Jordan). The season finale felt a little forced and Law-and-orderly (the attitude, not the show). But there was some good there including Honor Blackman stealing the show in threeish scenes one episode.

heza
06-07-2016, 07:22 PM
Mine would be:

V (1983)

Star Trek: The Next Generation

Roswell

Eureka (ETA)

Supernatural

WriterDude
06-07-2016, 07:45 PM
Gotta mention Blackadder.

A current fav at the moment is Death in Paradise.

Star Trek was an obsession of mine for a long while but lost its shine. High hopes for the new series next year.

nighttimer
06-07-2016, 08:31 PM
Miami Vice (very much a series locked in time and hasn't aged well)
The Shield (pulled off the neat trick of making the audience pull for a super dirty cop).

Gilroy Cullen
06-07-2016, 09:20 PM
Oh, I have another to add (I watched too much TV. Can you tell? :) )

Jericho. It had the good courtesy of answering questions, only to create five more...

vanilla
06-07-2016, 10:27 PM
Oh, I have another to add (I watched too much TV. Can you tell? :) )

Jericho. It had the good courtesy of answering questions, only to create five more...

Loved Jericho! Really excellent show from beginning to end and yes! All the questions and ups and downs.

Another one that I didn't see anyone mention but made me extremely sad that there was no third season(and it ended on a cliffhanger!!!) was Carnivale. I have a thing about the circus and blatant archetypal stories, so, the whole Avatar concepts that the show eventually started to flesh out had me hungry for more.

Helix
06-08-2016, 03:37 PM
How could I have forgotten Cracker? The original one, that is, written by Jimmy McGovern and Paul Abbott and starring Robbie Coltrane and first Christopher Ecclestone then Ricky Tomlinson.

And Spooks. Although that got a bit silly towards the end of series 9.

ajaye
06-08-2016, 04:41 PM
Yeah, I sought out By Any Means because of the shared DNA (aka Tony Jordan). The season finale felt a little forced and Law-and-orderly (the attitude, not the show). But there was some good there including Honor Blackman stealing the show in threeish scenes one episode. I think I caught the first episode. I'm recording the series :)

How could I have forgotten Cracker? The original one, that is, written by Jimmy McGovern and Paul Abbott and starring Robbie Coltrane and first Christopher Ecclestone then Ricky Tomlinson.

And Spooks. Although that got a bit silly towards the end of series 9. Yep I like those too. And Rebus, the early ones with John Hannah.

shortstorymachinist
06-08-2016, 04:53 PM
Mine would be:

V (1983)

Star Trek: The Next Generation

Roswell

Eureka (ETA)

Supernatural

I scrolled through this thread specifically looking for A:TLA. I have a number of shows I love dearly, but nothing has topped Avatar. It's the whole shebang.

Teinz
06-08-2016, 05:23 PM
Lost.

Same here, including the writing. I actually rewatched the whole shebang. First couple of seasons are awesome. Last seasons, not so much.

I also liked Carnivale very much. First season was great, but, sadly, they rushed the second.

Stargate SG-1.

Narco's

Teinz
06-08-2016, 05:25 PM
Seconding (thirding?) Buffy, Veronica Mars, and Band of Brothers (man, check out where that cast list is now -- tiny bit players in the series include Michael Fassbender, Tom Hardy, James McAvoy...)

Adding in Wonderfalls.

Band of Brothers. Still watch that at least once a year.

Jen144
06-08-2016, 05:44 PM
Stargate SG-1 or Atlantis. And definitely Firefly. I'm one of the multitude of fans bemoaning the fact it only ran for 1 season!

robeiae
06-08-2016, 07:39 PM
There are four:

Firefly
Newsradio
The Sopranos
The Larry Sanders Show

fistnik
06-09-2016, 02:34 PM
Cowboy Bebop for me.

There're many shows I can't let go, though, even when they aren't that good; probably I just watched them at a tender age when things take a different dimension. Cardcaptor Sakura is one example, or even Friends. I watched them at a time when those things could get etched in your DNA.

I've watched many shows that are no doubt much better, like Firefly, but I watched them later on, when it seems your brain is more impermeable.

BTW, I'm surprised BSG hasn't been mentioned here. Why the lack of love?

Gilroy Cullen
06-09-2016, 03:25 PM
I could let go of B5 and BSG mostly because they were complete story arcs. They'd run their course. (See my comment on SG1. :D) In fact, each time they tried to create spin off or sequel shows, they failed. So I'm okay with them being as is.

And no, I don't want any more remakes. :P

phantasy
06-09-2016, 03:37 PM
Anyone mention Invader Zim yet? Because I'll never forget that as the show that ended too soon. Deadwood, too.

Also David Tennant's run as the Doctor. I could've watched him forever. First ever character crush too. Hasn't been the same since.

Other mentions: Trigun, Lost, Batman the animated series, Avatar the last Airbender

vanilla
06-09-2016, 04:38 PM
Also David Tennant's run as the Doctor. I could've watched him forever. First ever character crush too. Hasn't been the same since.

Tenth Doctor loyalist right here! Same! I loved his energy as the Doctor, whether he was going for the zany aspects or the more angsty, intense plots.

aleighrose
06-10-2016, 09:24 AM
Cardcaptor Sakura is one example
Have you read the manga? It's much better than the kid-ified show. I mean, it's still kind of crazy, but it's at least 15x better.

Diana Hignutt
06-10-2016, 03:05 PM
Partial Current List:
-Breaking bad
-Jessica Jones
-Fringe
-10th Dr. Who
-Broadchurch

Younger me List:

-In Search of
-Star Trek
-Doctor Who
-Giiligan's Island

Latina Bunny
06-10-2016, 04:34 PM
I'm confused about the topic. Are we talking about favorite shows in general that we would always love more of, or are we only talking about shows that have been cancelled ahead of their time? (I'm seeing mixed lists, so I'm super confused, lol.)

Batman: The Brave and the Bold;

Young Justice;

the CGI TV show, The Green Lantern;

Batman Beyond;

and Legion of Superheroes.

^I just noticed all of those were DC animated shows, lol...

*In terms of anime:

Yu Yu Hakusho;

Beyblade;

YuGiOh;

Sailor Moon;

Eyeshield 21;

and, currently: Inazuma Eleven franchise, Haikyuu, and the Big Windup.

*Live Action shows:

-NCIS (I need my Abby and Gibbs in my life)
-CSI: Miami (yes, I'm serious--I need my amusing narm charm)
-Jane the Virgin
-Crazy Ex-Girlfriend
-Once Upon a Time (even though it's going downhill)

regdog
06-10-2016, 04:53 PM
Back in the 90s when MTV was still good, thy used to do animation largely based on comics. They did an amazing job with Sam Keith's The Maxx. Loved then, still love it now.

Myrealana
06-10-2016, 06:10 PM
Oh, so many.

Star Trek, all of them except DS9 (Including Enterprise)
Stargate: SG1 and Universe. I was never enthusiastic about Atlantis
Doctor Who -- since the late 70s
Firefly, of course
Connections and The Day The Universe Changed
Buffy The Vampire Slayer and Angel
Justice League and JLU
Babylon 5
Parks and Recreation

Laurasaurus
06-10-2016, 06:12 PM

Ohmygod, yes.

The storyline with Penhaligon and Jimmy Beck was one of the best I've ever seen.

Gilroy Cullen
06-10-2016, 09:33 PM
I'm confused about the topic. Are we talking about favorite shows in general that we would always love more of, or are we only talking about shows that have been cancelled ahead of their time?

Cancelled ahead of their time that you want to see more of.

vsrenard
06-11-2016, 03:54 AM
Left a mark on me:

Star Trek TOS
The West Wing
BSG remake [up till the last 4 episodes or so]
The Muppets [of any iteration]
Animated X-Men [no idea why]

Wish we'd had more of:

Star Trek TOS
Firefly
Deadwood
Agent Carter
Picket Fences
Boston Public
The Muppets [of any iteration]

Max Vaehling
06-11-2016, 01:49 PM
Ooh, Muppets! So true!

Iambriannak
06-11-2016, 06:52 PM
3rd Rock from the Sun. Great humor and wonderful acting. It should have had more seasons. Six may be a lot but I just love the show.

Veronica Mars is another one. Ended too soon, although I'll admit season 3 wasn't the best, but better than the movie.

Lizzie McGuire ended too early as well. She was a few years older than me and I, in a sense, depended on her and then she was gone when I reached certain stages.

allthefeels
06-11-2016, 07:52 PM
Veronica Mars is another one. Ended too soon, although I'll admit season 3 wasn't the best, but better than the movie.

I miss that one too. But hey, at least we got a movie and a couple of books, eh?

Snowstorm
06-11-2016, 08:03 PM
Hmm, I don't watch many fictional shows. I'm a fan of SCI, HGTV, FOOD, HIST-type channels. (I'm so boring.)

- Ancient Aliens
- Vikings
- Good Eats [:LilLove: Alton Brown!]
- Mysteries at the Castle [and Mysteries at the Museum]
- Alone has me hooked too

LAgrunion
06-16-2016, 01:07 PM
Battlestar Galactica (the newer one) is by far my favorite show of all time. I still can't let go of it because I constantly think about it. It's got everything I'm interested in: action, romance, politics, philosophy, religion, science, spaceships, dilemmas ... I can't think of another show that is, for me, such a complete vitamin.

As a result, I'm like that Portlandia episode where I want to kidnap the writer and force him to write more episodes.

JimmyB27
06-16-2016, 01:47 PM
As a result, I'm like that Portlandia episode where I want to kidnap the writer and force him to write more episodes.
And a different, not stupid, ending.

Helix
06-16-2016, 02:28 PM
I should have made a list.

I just remembered Yes, Minister and The Thick of It -- two entirely different shows about the same thing. The Thick of It would get my vote just for Malcolm Tucker. (Haven't seen Veep, but I'd certainly give a go to anything written by Armando Iannucci, Simon Blackwell and Jesse Armstrong.)

M.S. Wiggins
06-17-2016, 01:32 AM
Wow. Hot thread. So we’re a visual bunch of imaginative beings after all, huh?

BTW, I’m totally taking note and making a shows-I’ll-binge-watch list the next cold I catch!

RyanPArciero
06-17-2016, 03:03 AM
Some awesome ideas posited so far. I really enjoyed Law and Order SVU, which I think is still around, so that's good. I was also a big fan of the first few seasons of Glee. Doctor Who is finally a great, enduring show. Thanks for sharing!

Allegory
06-23-2016, 01:20 PM
Never mind. I think I misread.:tongue