PDA

View Full Version : My Ebook Cover

Kjbartolotta
05-31-2016, 07:54 PM
Well, it's not perfect. It's not gonna be perfect. Looks like it was done by an amateur, which is fine, because that's the truth. I'm actually happy with it.

http://thisiswarworld.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/05/My-cover.png

kevinwaynewilliams
05-31-2016, 09:15 PM
Well, I'm glad you're happy with it. Wouldn't you be happier with a cover that resulted in sales?

Kjbartolotta
05-31-2016, 11:38 PM
Hmm, interesting question. Not sure how to answer, thank you for your candor?

veinglory
06-01-2016, 03:51 AM
If it's a funny Trumpsploitation type thing the cover seems fine for that.

Fruitbat
06-01-2016, 04:31 AM
Ha ha, love it!

BradCarsten
06-01-2016, 12:26 PM
The design itself is fun, I like it, (even as a Trump supporter) and gives a good idea of what to expect in the book- it has that "unprofessional by design" look like Bevis and Butthead or South Park- which I love, and is really difficult to pull off properly, and I think you've nailed it with the image.

The only thing that is hurting the cover, IMHO is the font and text layout. if you're using an unpolished image, then your text needs to be top notch to balance it out, but right now it feels a bit like you've added the text in powerpoint or ms word. If you fixed that, you would have a great cover.

Look at the Futurama logo- it has a red gradient with a yellow outline. That design may work really nicely with yours (perhaps in blue). But my advice would be to look at other books and see how they do their text.

Anarchic Q
06-01-2016, 09:10 PM
There's little white pixles along the edge of Trump's head. Especially under his chin on the right one. I'd clean that up at least.

Gale Haut
06-03-2016, 01:38 AM
Are three heads better than one? It seems like you have all the pieces you, but I don't necessarily understand why they were arranged the way they were.

taraesque
06-19-2016, 02:50 AM
I think the red is way too bright. I would dull it down and make it a much richer red. Then I would try to fit all the text into the white bars. The design is spread out and my eye doesn't have anywhere to rest, so my eyes don't know what to do.