Digital launch party -- what works, what doesn't?

yamikuronue

Registered
Reaction score
I'm doing a launch party for my new Patreon account, and I want to make it a real fun time, much like a book launch party, so that people will be interested enough to maybe consider backing me on Patreon. What sort of content works? I plan to do a stream on Twitch playing Mario Party, and I'm thinking reading some samples from my book, putting out a call for questions ahead of time I can answer on the air, and stuff like that. But what do audiences really like?

oceansoul

Registered
Reaction score
I paired up with an author friend of mine to do a facebook launch and it worked pretty well. We had LOTS of games with prizes planned. All of the games were themed around our books somehow and we tried to tie in keyboard free things too.

My cover artist made us a little line-art adult colouring thing, and had a colouring contest. We also did a scavenger hunt tied in with our websites, a round of trivia about books in general and a version of Cards Against Humanity with books.

I think the major thing is that extended Q&As dont' work because they rely on your audience to generate the original content, when they want to be entertained. Posting some excerpts is a good idea in between games. But mostly, make it fun.