What would you do if you had all the time in the world?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jenngreenleaf

Here to network and learn.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jenngreeenleaf.com
What would you do if you had all the time in the world?

I'd:
  1. write a book as often as the mood would stirke me
  2. build an art studio
  3. use the studio when I need a break from writing the book
  4. make art with my children
  5. encourage them to write their own books
  6. turn my yard into a garden oasis
  7. travel the world . . . except, I'm scared to fly over oceans, so it would actually be . . . travel a small portion of the world . . .
  8. spend quality time with everyone I love
  9. read all the books in my TBR pile
  10. volunteer for all the causes that have great meaning to me and the people touching my life
  11. read and write letters to the elderly
  12. build a Habitat for Humanity House
  13. help my mother feel better
  14. learn how to fix vehicles with my boyfriend
  15. babysit for stressed out parents
  16. volunteer at my children's schools
  17. work at an art gallery
  18. volunteer in a library
  19. bake
  20. . . . and on and on and on . . I'm sure I'll add more . . .

Last edited:

SpookyWriter

Banned
Reaction score
Sit down and write a list of what I would do...lol...(just joking with ya darling!):Hug2:

Unique

Agent of Doom
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I don't think time or the lack thereof is my problem. My problem is this:

When I have the time, I don't have the money; when I have the money, I don't have the time.

If I had both - I think I'd buy a new identity and retire....somewhere.

SpookyWriter

Banned
Reaction score
jennhollowell said:
With all the time in the world . . . that would be a pretty long list!!!!!!
Not really because once you've done Paris it's time to start from the top again...

P.S. Oh, and I'm not talking about Orlando Bloom's Paris...

jenngreenleaf

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jenngreeenleaf.com
Unique said:
I don't think time or the lack thereof is my problem. My problem is this:

When I have the time, I don't have the money; when I have the money, I don't have the time.

If I had both - I think I'd buy a new identity and retire....somewhere.
OMG -- you're not alone! I should reformat the question to read:

What would you do if you had all the time and all the money in the world?
They've both been the enemy in my life.​

Jcomp

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
SpookyWriter said:
They did a Twighlight Zone episode on that subject.

"time enough at last." I love that one.

All the time in the world? Get some writing in. More reading, catch up on some movies I've been wanting to see, exercise more, definitely get a better night life....

DamaNegra

Mexican on the loose!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.fictionpress.com
Or perhaps I'd marry the banana --->
emoticonbanana.gif

SpookyWriter

Banned
Reaction score
jennhollowell said:
I feel like the queen of procrastination these days . . .
Hmmmmm....what will it take to get you going? Do you need to have a reminder of what poverty looks like (ekeke...I'm a horror writer, so I can give you a very nice visual of life on the streets) and how painful it becomes waking up next to a homeless person with bad teeth.

Get going!

eldragon

in a van down by the river
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
lifeat42.blogspot.com
I do have alot of time to devote to myself. Because I am self employed, my time during the day is mostly my own.

So, I read when I want to - and God help the household when I pick up a book - I usually don't put it down until its finished. (yesterday).

I volunteer at a nursing home.

I take naps.

I sit on the internet.

I eat chocolate.
I take long walks around our ponds.

I work in my garden.

I go shopping.

I can't complain about my life.

NeuroFizz

The grad students did it
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
dlcharles said:
I'd do exactly what I am doing now, and derive just as much enjoyment from doing so.
Same here, but I'd be a little more laid back about it.

jenngreenleaf

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jenngreeenleaf.com
SpookyWriter said:
Hmmmmm....what will it take to get you going? Do you need to have a reminder of what poverty looks like (ekeke...I'm a horror writer, so I can give you a very nice visual of life on the streets) and how painful it becomes waking up next to a homeless person with bad teeth.

Get going!
Hmmm, I'm not sure what it'll take. I became my own boss in 1999 and was doing great until I got sick in 2004. Ever since then, I've been afraid to get as "gung ho" as I used to be. I was given all kinds of great tags like, "energetic self-starter," "a woman on a mission," "an inspiration," and I my methods were even quoted by Anthony Tedesco in the 2005 edition of Writer's Market. I'm not sick anymore (final check in July) . . . but I can't seem to get that zip back into my step. I lived in my car in 1994 . . . so I know that life all too well. I guess I just need someone to crack the whip.

Stew21

Registered
Reaction score
I would definitely do more of the same things I already do, but I would have MORE writing time, more KID PLAYING time, more HUSBAND time, more FRIEND time, and LESS work time! And I would be much more relaxed about it.
I want to go fishing and camping, sit by a lake and read a book, write a book, drink bloody marys, make love, play in the sand, wish on a star, and do it all again the next day!

Unique

Agent of Doom
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
jennhollowell said:
Hmmm, I'm not sure what it'll take. I became my own boss in 1999 and was doing great until I got sick in 2004. Ever since then, I've been afraid to get as "gung ho" as I used to be. I was given all kinds of great tags like, "energetic self-starter," "a woman on a mission," "an inspiration," and I my methods were even quoted by Anthony Tedesco in the 2005 edition of Writer's Market. I'm not sick anymore (final check in July) . . . but I can't seem to get that zip back into my step. I lived in my car in 1994 . . . so I know that life all too well. I guess I just need someone to crack the whip.

Unless the 'driven life' is something you really want and actively seek, my suggestion would be - don't beat yourself up over it. If you aren't physically fatigued and unable to 'self-start' - take some time to contemplate.

I drove myself silly for the better part of two years thinking I needed a career, I needed to make the big bucks, I should be "doing" something. The truth is we need different things at different times in our lives and maybe that 'driven' time is over for you. Give yourself permission to take a break. Give yourself permission to seek other things.

Our culture is a great one for 'doing'; if we're standing still, we're made to feel that we're doing something "wrong".

I've finally learned to be comfortable in my 'not doing'. I may jump back into the fray at some point - but it will be on my terms because I want to. Just something to think about.

Status
Not open for further replies.