The Book of Renfield, by Tim Lucas

underthecity

Finestkind
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.allensedge.com
Has anyone read The Book of Renfield? One reason I picked it up was because the book was written by an author from Cincinnati who is also editor of the magazine Video Watchdog. I've spoken with Lucas by email a few times and picked up his book a few months ago. I'm about 1/4th of the way through right now.

I'd be interested in finding out what others think of it. From what I've read so far, it's written in a style similar to Bram Stoker's Dracula, which I read a few years ago. The Book of Renfield looks at Dracula's story from Renfield's POV (third person) using characters, settings, and situations from Dracula. The story picks up a few years after Dracula was killed, and after Stoker wrote Dracula.

But I'm not finished with it yet. So far I like it a great deal.

allen

(PS, Renfield was the reason I suggested this forum in the first place.)

Perks

delicate #!&@*#! flower
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jamie-mason.com
That sounds really interesting! I'm going look it up I have an amazon.com gift certificate itching to be spent.

Nivarion

Brony level >9000
Registered
Reaction score
oh my god, seriously?

i just played him in a production of dracula and i searched up and down for good material on him. still want to read it though, see if the renfield i created to shroud myself in was closer to what he has, and i still need to read dracula, but can't seem to find a copy.

i still loved being renfield. i knew he was a happy little kid on the inside. (i read the review.)

Stunted

Ich heiße Superphantastisch!
Registered
Reaction score
I liked it all right. There was a really random, unnecessary sex scene and reading the parts at the end which were word for word from Dracula was dull, but it was really interesting.