I wrote a word today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

SpookyWriter

Banned
Reaction score
Flabbergasted!

Now if I can just keep this going and get another chapter done. Eeek, I saw a meek man holding a pound of meat. The flesh was ripe for breakfast and he ate until that special feeling returned.

Nope, that ain't it either. Okay, I must return to the story ... a romantic thriller set in Bolivia. It's a bovine of a story that will milk a tear out of the strongest man.

Toodles...

jenngreenleaf

Here to network and learn.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jenngreeenleaf.com
Sometimes I wish all the words I post in here everyday counted toward my daily writing goals . . . an AW Anthology of sorts . . . ah well . . .

maestrowork

Fear the Death Ray
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.amazon.com
jennhollowell said:
Sometimes I wish all the words I post in here everyday counted toward my daily writing goals . . . an AW Anthology of sorts . . . ah well . . .

I would have written two novels already. No wonder my writing group is yelling at me.

jenngreenleaf

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jenngreeenleaf.com
maestrowork said:
I would have written two novels already. No wonder my writing group is yelling at me.
There's so much truth to that it's scarey . . . isn't it? :) I think I might do better if I had a writing group yelling at me, though. Perhaps I should find one . . . :)

SpookyWriter

Banned
Reaction score
maestrowork said:
That's the closest I can think of being married...:D

jenngreenleaf

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jenngreeenleaf.com
SpookyWriter said:
At least I managed to write a poem last night for William...
Last night I wrote the outline for a 4,000 word article I'm starting today . . . so . . . I guess I made some progress, too.

SpookyWriter

Banned
Reaction score
jennhollowell said:
Last night I wrote the outline for a 4,000 word article I'm starting today . . . so . . . I guess I made some progress, too.
Way to go! I need to finish another chapter sooooonnnnn....and get this book done so I can start on the next one.

I have three of four short stories that are waiting for me to return from vacation...

jenngreenleaf

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jenngreeenleaf.com
SpookyWriter said:
Way to go! I need to finish another chapter sooooonnnnn....and get this book done so I can start on the next one.

I have three of four short stories that are waiting for me to return from vacation...
I admire fiction writers so much - I struggle with that so much. Ask me to write about anything else, and I can pull it off . . . even things I have no idea about (like last year when I was editor of a commercial construction newspaper -- last thing I ever thought I'd do!). It's odd because, when I first decided to become a writer, I fired off about 250 pages of fiction . . . then lost it do a hard drive crash (I know, back it up -- don't go there) and never revisited that form of writing again. I have volumes of poetry that I would write daily . . . again, I haven't revisited that form of writing in years.

I don't know why I'm rambling about this. Might be because this 4,000 word thinkg I'm working on has to include fiction . . . and I guess I'm scared I'll screw it up.

SpookyWriter

Banned
Reaction score
jennhollowell said:
I don't know why I'm rambling about this. Might be because this 4,000 word thinkg I'm working on has to include fiction . . . and I guess I'm scared I'll screw it up.
I wouldn't worry too much because then you'll freeze up and Jenna will have to come over and smack you up side the head. Besides just think of fiction as lying to your lover about how good they are in bed. Hmmm...practice makes perfect?

jenngreenleaf

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jenngreeenleaf.com
SpookyWriter said:
I wouldn't worry too much because then you'll freeze up and Jenna will have to come over and smack you up side the head. Besides just think of fiction as lying to your lover about how good they are in bed. Hmmm...practice makes perfect?
Well, I don't want to get smacked upside the head by Jenna . . . or anyone else, for that matter. :) And, about the lying thing . . . hmmmmmmm

Jaycinth

Your Cuddly Sociopathic
Registered
Reaction score
Maybe the Muse walk-out is over? I actually woke up and wrote 100 words that were not "paying job" related.

Ok Spookey, Let me stand in line to cheer you on.:hooray:

SpookyWriter

Banned
Reaction score
Jaycinth said:
Maybe the Muse walk-out is over? I actually woke up and wrote 100 words that were not "paying job" related.

Ok Spookey, Let me stand in line to cheer you on.:hooray:
Congrats! Any one single word can become the one which influences people and changes the complexion of our small world.

Stew21

Registered
Reaction score
I started a new chapter, got through about 5 paragraphs...but they're good paragraphs. For some reason the next paragraph is elusive though, so I am in the "kick my butt into gear, why doesn't my AW time count as writing toward my productive goals" camp.
I wrote a poem yesterday...well, I'm still writing it actually. That's a wip that won't quit. I've been playing with it for about 24 hours and it still looks like its half finished.
I think my muse is still on walk-out.

SpookyWriter

Banned
Reaction score
Stew21 said:
I started a new chapter, got through about 5 paragraphs...but they're good paragraphs. For some reason the next paragraph is elusive though, so I am in the "kick my butt into gear, why doesn't my AW time count as writing toward my productive goals" camp.
I wrote a poem yesterday...well, I'm still writing it actually. That's a wip that won't quit. I've been playing with it for about 24 hours and it still looks like its half finished.
I think my muse is still on walk-out.
Sending some positive thoughts your way. If that doesn't work then would you like me to send naked pictures of my ex-mother-in-law?

:scared:

special needs

Resident Airhead
Registered
Reaction score
I am so glad that I"m not the only one happy when I write one flipping word! :Headbang:

I spent 93495004 (I guess it was more like 2) hours on JK Rowlings site today. Why? I got home from work, all set to write...and instead I find myself marveling at how excellently coded her site is and how, when I'm as rich as her, I'll hire a panel of computer programmers to create my sites. Rather than, you know, doing it myself.

Annabella

writer again
Registered
Reaction score
SpookyWriter said:
Sending some positive thoughts your way. If that doesn't work then would you like me to send naked pictures of my ex-mother-in-law?

:scared:

Should we ask why you have naked pictures of your ex-mother-in-law? No better not.:e2zipped:

I have no problem getting words written each day. The hard part comes trying to get them in the correct order... :Headbang:

special needs

Resident Airhead
Registered
Reaction score
I think it would be interesting if we all sent our work to eachother to see if we could write other people's stories more effectively than our own.

SpookyWriter

Banned
Reaction score
Annabella said:
I have no problem getting words written each day. The hard part comes trying to get them in the correct order...
EmoteHeadbang.gif
Try using the Greek alphabet. Write the story:

Delta betta gamma a pi if sigma could mu mu before noon.

Gravity

Seen 'em come, seen 'em go
Registered
Reaction score
Once you've heard the truth, everything else is ju
SpookyWriter said:
Try using the Greek alphabet. Write the story:

Delta betta gamma a pi if sigma could mu mu before noon.

Or we could also use Greek to come up with funny fraternity names: Tappa Kegga Bru, Eata Bita Pi, I Felta Thi...and so on and so forth. The Greeks are funny people.

John

Status
Not open for further replies.