PDA

View Full Version : When you see your dream as you're waking up

carol h.
04-25-2006, 04:03 PM
There's a specific term for it I'm trying to remember. It's when you've been dreaming, and you're starting to wake up: you open your eyes and see your room and all your familiar things, but you also still see some of your dream superimposed on them. Does anyone know this term? Please email me if you do: ckhowell@cableone.net. Thank you!

Julie Worth
04-25-2006, 04:07 PM
I once spent several days where there was no demarcation. I began dreaming before I went to sleep, and I woke still dreaming. Don't know what it's called, though.

rtilryarms
04-26-2006, 05:51 AM
A Lucid Dream?

dahmnait
04-26-2006, 10:04 AM
A Lucid Dream?Or a hypnopompic hallucination.

According to MedicineNet.com's MedTerm dictionary: Hypnopompic hallucination (http://www.medterms.com/script/main/art.asp?articlekey=24173): A vivid dreamlike hallucination that occurs as one is waking up. The opposite of an hypnagogic hallucination (http://www.medterms.com/script/main/art.asp?articlekey=10482), which occurs as one is falling asleep.

Branwyn
04-26-2006, 06:41 PM
Yes Lucid dreaming

ideagirl
04-27-2006, 12:29 AM
Yes Lucid dreaming

No, lucid dreaming has nothing to do with actually waking up. It's the kind of dream where you realize, during the dream, that you're dreaming. When this happens you can make things happen in your dream--like you can decide to fly, etc.--at will. You're conscious, but you're still within the dream and still asleep.

Branwyn
04-27-2006, 06:45 AM
No, lucid dreaming has nothing to do with actually waking up. It's the kind of dream where you realize, during the dream, that you're dreaming. When this happens you can make things happen in your dream--like you can decide to fly, etc.--at will. You're conscious, but you're still within the dream and still asleep.

Yes and my experience with lucid dreaming has always been right before waking up, but that is my experience.
The only other thing I found was called hypnapompic state as dahmnait stated.
Or the seer's dream.

carol h.
04-28-2006, 12:56 AM
"Hypnopompic" is the term. Thanks to everyone for your help.