When to "Nudge"? (Think I Might've Messed Up)

Jessica_312

Registered
Reaction score
Hi everyone! I'm wondering when is the appropriate time to send a polite "nudge" email on a partial? And I don't mean in a "Hey why isn't this done yet" way, but more in a "I just wanted to make sure you received it" way? Reason being, instead of responding directly to the agent's email requesting the material, I sent a new email with the requested attachments with the subject line as "Requested Material" [with my novel title of course]. Should I have just responded directly to the original email? Because I realize my original query isn't in the new email and now I'm freaking out a bit. I mean I sent the material within hours of her request, and it hasn't been very long but I always worry about things getting lost in the shuffle. Especially if she doesn't have the original query in there to remind her what she requested...

Last edited:

kenpochick

I should be writing, not on AW.:-)
Registered
Reaction score
If I were you, I would respond to the email requesting the materials and send it again with the explanation, "I initially sent this as a separate email, but here are the requested materials. I apologize for any inconvenience and thank you for your consideration." That way, you know she/he got it and you will feel much better. Otherwise you're going to panic for those 3 months.