• Read this stickie before posting.

• In order to reduce the number of new members requesting a Beta reader before they're really ready for one, we've instituted a 50 post requirement before you can start a thread seeking a Beta reader.
    • You can still volunteer to Beta for someone else; just please don't request someone to Beta for you until you're more familiar with the community and our members.

Seeking Writing Accountability Partner

Status
Not open for further replies.

EclecticJello

Registered
Reaction score
Hello,

I am looking for an accountability partner. I write articles. I have discovered that this is the method that works for me. If anyone was looking for a more intimate motivation system, let me know.

However, I have discovered that people start out strong (say a week or so) and the fade away. I want someone who is truly committed. For me accountability is extremely vital, to the point that I genuinely struggle doing things without it. Any portion of my life or time in my life where I have had an accountability partner I own it. Without one; nada. For years I tried, well why should I? I know what works for me? Why do people think that is something to be ashamed of? You know what I have realized: most people keep you down and provide excuses, but it has more to do with the fact that they don’t want you to succeed. It isn’t malicious. It is just your excuses are their excuses and if I conquer them, they need to re-examine themselves.

People who aren't writers, don't get to creative process or the sensitive soul aspect. I want someone who challenges me and fuels my ambition and passion, not someone who makes me feel apologetic and reprimanded when I fall through. Someone who understands that "not working" i.e. reading books or going out and experiencing life and talking to people is working, because that is how I get ideas and make connections.

I repeatedly put it off "until tomorrow". I know it sounds crazy, but it is so easy that I never do it, because I could always do it at anytime. I was hoping for some quick daily e-mails encouraging, etc.

If you are interested send me a message. Let me know: What are your actual, honest goals? How can I challenge you? What is the most effective way of keeping you on task?

EJ

AbielsMaker

Registered
Reaction score
Hello,
I am definitely interested in being an accountability partner. I know important it is, having that connection to a like-minded person that will help you keep moving forward. However, I would like to know more about you first. Let me know if you'd like to chat.

kali cross

Registered
Reaction score
Did you find an accountability partner? In need of the same, PM me if you're still looking.

Status
Not open for further replies.