Baby Shower Games

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrs75

Registered
Reaction score
Website
mistisandefur.com
I'm doing some research and I can recall only a few baby shower games that I played at a baby shower years ago, but those are old games, and I haven't been to a baby shower since. If you know of any popular baby shower games people play now please post them here or PM them to me. Also, if you don't mind, please explain how the game is played.

Thanks in advance.

General Joy

general soothsayer
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.cassandrazaruba.net
I don't know how new these games are, but I was at a shower a couple months ago, and we played these:

-Baby picture match game: where you ask all the guests ahead of time to bring in his/her baby picture, and you put them all on a bulletin board. Have the guests guess whose picture is whose.

-Baby name game: use the combination of the parents' names to come up with possible names for the baby. For example, if the baby's parents are named Christopher and Melissa, you could come up with names like Ralph, Sam, Pam, Lester, and Elise.

-Tray game: fill up a tray with all kinds of baby gifts and toys, have the mother slowly walk around the room with it, and then take it away. Guests have to write down all the items on the tray that they can remember.

-There are also some simpler games, like word scramble (using baby-related words), or baby Bingo, which is played like regular Bingo, except the numbers are replaced with baby-related words.

Hope this helps!

sparkleyshoes

baby shower games

There are a couple of other popular ones that come to mind.

1. Guess the belly size. Guests use string or crepe paper to estimate the girth of the pregnant woman. The one who gets closest to the actual length wins a prize. People tend to overestimate.

2. Baby gift bingo. Guests fill out a bingo card with items they think the new mom will receive as gifts. As she opens her gifts, guests cross off the items until someone bingos.

3. Baby food identification. I personally find this one repulsive but am including it because you asked! The host spreads different types of pureed baby food (from jars) onto clean diapers and sets them on a tray or counter. Guests have to guess which jar goes with which "poop."

Hwili

At a shower I helped plan, we provided fabric paints, foam stampers, and baby onesies in various sizes. All the guests worked together on a receiving blanet, which we all signed, and the mom later hung up in the baby's room. Throughout the party, individual guests decorated onesies and baby shirts, which kept the crowd moving, mixing, and happy. It really beats the taste of mashed peas. The time filled quickly, with a lot of happy guests and a really appreciative mom. I would do this again in a heartbeat.

Tish Davidson

Registered
Reaction score
Hwili said:
At a shower I helped plan, we provided fabric paints, foam stampers, and baby onesies in various sizes. All the guests worked together on a receiving blanet, which we all signed, and the mom later hung up in the baby's room. Throughout the party, individual guests decorated onesies and baby shirts, which kept the crowd moving, mixing, and happy. It really beats the taste of mashed peas. The time filled quickly, with a lot of happy guests and a really appreciative mom. I would do this again in a heartbeat.

Wow, what a nice idea. The mom to be got something that was very personal and the guests got to contribute something creative and lasting.

Munchkin

Registered
Reaction score
I have played a game where a hanger is holding clothes pins and you try to grab as many clothes pins in one hand as you can.

The person who holds the most clothes pins wins.

rich

I'd prefer some stuff on what the menfolk are doing while the shower's on. I gotta daughter with child, due soon, and my wife's planning a shower. I want to plan my day.

Greenwolf103

I'm a grrrl dog, yo
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
dmcwriter.tripod.com
Baby shower games

Been to a lot of these but I don't know the names of all the games...

1. Put some safety pins into a large bowl. Top them with A LOT of cotton balls. Players are blindfolded and use one of those large plastic mixing spoons to scoop up as many safety pins as they can. (Use a spoon with a wide, deep mouth.) The player who scoops up the most safety pins wins.

2. Ongoing game, for the duration of shower. Guests have "mini" cloth diapers safety-pinned to their collar. Anyone who says "baby" loses their pin; it goes to the first person who hears them say it. The person with the most pins at the end of the shower wins.

3. Baby Mad Libs. Stories relating to preganancy, delivery, parenting, etc., all written Mad Libs style. I heard you write the stories yourself but there might be a site online where you can print some out.

4. Another game is see who can undress/dress a baby doll the fastest. For a bigger challenge, guests can be blindfolded for this one. (I've done both versions.) Whoever can undress, change diaper and REDRESS the baby in the fastest time wins.

5. Pin-the-pacifier-on-the-baby. Sort of like "pin the tail on the donkey" but instead you use a large picture of a baby. Use toy mini plastic pacifiers for the game.

And, Rich, usually when there's a baby shower, all the guys in my family took off to catch a game on the TV. ;)

Silver King

Megalops Erectus
Registered
Reaction score
Rich, I'll pick you up at 6:00. We'll go for the big ones, so don't forget to bring some clothespins in case we decide to use the outriggers.

rich

Stripers are bilting here in Long Island--May 8th is the start of the striper season.

We should have more showers.

Rabe

the living dead
Registered
Reaction score
Hey guys,

Don't worry, even if you DID stay for the 'shower' the wimmin will just change all the rules of the game after you've won it so that you DON'T win!

But, on the bright side, you make sure to bring a completely inappropriate gift (say, like a Darth Vader mask to a shower for a girl) and you can make sure you're NEVER asked to watch the child - alone and unsupervised EVER! Plus...the look on the grandmother's face? PRICELESS!

But I've been to two of them now (had to go to the second one cause I literally couldn't leave the first one)

1: Safety pins - only put in a bowl of rice. Guests are blindfolded and try to sort out as many safety pins as possible from the rice. And yes, you let a logical male stay and they'll say "okay, this ain't so hard!" and dump the bowl of rice into their hands and declare themselves the winner!

2: Baby Food Guessing Game - above the 'food' was spread on diapers and guests had to guess the 'poop'. Instead, put them in small plastic portion cups and guests have to guess the flavors by trying them out. BTW...chicken baby food stuff...completely nasty!

4: Clothespin drop - guests place a clothespin between their thighs and waddle a distance to a small jar, vase or other container and have to drop the clothespin into the container. Most in wins.

BTW...just because you women think men are all grunting and clueless, when you do the baby item memory game, some of us will *actually* know what a breast shield and express pump are for. So THERE!

Rabe...

Status
Not open for further replies.