PDA

View Full Version : Terminology for this Ministry?

Dennis E. Taylor
05-18-2016, 06:37 PM
I'm having trouble coming up with a name for a government ministry in a theocracy. The ministry would be concerned with expansion of the theocracy, i.e. missionary work, as well as overt or covert government/military actions. Something like "Ministry of Missionaryism" but less dorky.

Any suggestions?

R.Barrows
05-18-2016, 07:10 PM
First thing that comes to mind is 'Ministry of Evangelism' but I'm not sure if that will check all your boxes.

Curlz
05-18-2016, 07:20 PM
Ministry of Expanding the Faith and Enlightening the Heathens? ;)

Siri Kirpal
05-18-2016, 07:47 PM
Sat Nam! (literally "Truth Name"--a Sikh greeting)

Ministry of Religion.

Blessings,

Siri Kirpal

benbenberi
05-18-2016, 08:36 PM
Ministry of Faith
Ministry of Truth
Ministry of Education

Dennis E. Taylor
05-18-2016, 09:08 PM
Ministry of Faith
Ministry of Truth
Ministry of Education

Ministry of Truth is what I'm using right now. I guess that's a vote for the status quo.

blacbird
05-18-2016, 09:25 PM
Graham Green wrote a famous and wonderful novel titled The Ministry of Fear.

caw

Dennis E. Taylor
05-18-2016, 10:30 PM
Graham Green wrote a famous and wonderful novel titled The Ministry of Fear.
caw

:roll: I can just see some government department choosing that name!

No, in typical bureaucratic proper-speak, it would be labeled "Ministry of Appropriate Caution" or some such.

Cyia
05-18-2016, 10:38 PM
The Ministry of Constant Vigilance in the Face of Dangers Both Perceived and Unknown, Yet Still of Sufficient Magnitude that Whilst We Shouldn't Fear Them, we Should at Least Poke Them With a Big Stick Before Approaching.

How about the Ministry of Enlightenment, or to go with something that sounds like "sent," the Ministry of Dispatchments / Dispensations.

Bing Z
05-18-2016, 10:39 PM
Depending on how your country expands the theocracy. An option is the country's name/abbreviation + "AID" or Ministry of Aid.

A prime reason evangelists were so successful in Africa was they went there to help. They ran schools and hospitals and orphanages etc. Then during the breaks and weekends they preached. The locals loved them, and loved their god, and converted.

OTOH, if the tactic is "you convert, you live," then perhaps Ministry of Fear or something like that.

Cyia
05-18-2016, 10:39 PM
Depending on how your country expands the theocracy. An option is the country's name/abbreviation + "AID" or Ministry of Aid.

A prime reason evangelists were so successful in Africa was they went there to help. They ran schools and hospitals and orphanages etc. Then during the breaks and weekends they preached. The locals loved them, and loved their god, and converted.

OTOH, if the tactic is "you convert, you live," then perhaps Ministry of Fear or something like that.

On that note, you could use "The Ministry of Reconciliation."

waylander
05-19-2016, 12:48 AM
Ministry of the message?

Dennis E. Taylor
05-19-2016, 01:17 AM
The Ministry of Constant Vigilance in the Face of Dangers Both Perceived and Unknown, Yet Still of Sufficient Magnitude that Whilst We Shouldn't Fear Them, we Should at Least Poke Them With a Big Stick Before Approaching.

How about the Ministry of Enlightenment, or to go with something that sounds like "sent," the Ministry of Dispatchments / Dispensations.

Ooh, I like Ministry of Enlightenment. Sounds so at odds with "convert and live." Although the Ministry of CVFDBPUYSSMWWSFTSLPTWBSBA has a ring to it as well.

King Neptune
05-19-2016, 01:30 AM
If you don't want to call it the Ministry of Truth, then Ministry of Spirit might be good.

Dennis E. Taylor
05-19-2016, 01:38 AM
Ministry of Tequila

(was that my outside voice?)