From procrastinator to overachiever: proud moment

Status
Not open for further replies.

Keobooks

Registered
Reaction score
I used to be someone who said that I never had time to write. This year, I forced myself to make time. It worked. I finally got into the habit of daily writing. Now I don't feel totally right about the day until I've written.

In fact, the habit is TOO ingrained. I now have to make a schedule for writing because if I don't, I won't do anything else all day once I start. I also stay up too late writing and I'm tired all next morning. So I need to schedule a LIMIT on how long I'm allowed to write. That's an amazing luxury in a writer's life.

To get to this moment is cause for celebration. I feel like I've earned the right to believe I'm seriously committed to this and I'm a "real" writer now.

Last edited:

angeldove

Registered
Reaction score
Congratulations! I had to do the same thing as you because I would say the same thing. I started out but telling myself if I finish this chapter I can read a few chapters of my favorite book or watch my favorite movie. It started to work and now I write on Saturdays and during my breaks and lunches at work.

OctoberLee

Destroying something beautiful
Registered
Reaction score
Love this, awesome! Good work :)

Status
Not open for further replies.