PDA

View Full Version : BKNights

caracy
05-18-2016, 04:31 AM
I am in no way affiliated with BKNights, but I have to share my experience with them. I ran a promo campaign with them after reading other writers' recommendations on AW and other sites. I didn't expect much. My book is the first in a series and self-published by an unknown. Because BKNights did not see the kind of sales they felt were acceptable from the campaign, they refunded my money. Will I use them again? Hell yes. How often do you see that kind of integrity in business?

I owe those guys a plate of cookies.

https://www.fiverr.com/bknights

WriterBN
05-18-2016, 09:17 PM
They're good about refunds. I just wish their readers were interested in something besides free books.

akaria
06-03-2016, 04:14 AM
I didn't get a great response from BKNights either. They gave me a refund, but I probably won't use them again. I tried a handful of other Fiverr promoters, but results were just as dismal. You get what you pay for!

UnbearableLight
07-02-2016, 07:00 AM
Is there a way to sign up for the mailing list (without being a promoted author)? I couldn't find a page, but it's possible (and maybe probable) that I'm just blind.

CaoPaux
07-02-2016, 05:52 PM
One of their websites for readers is http://digitalbookspot.com/, so you can sign up there.

James W
01-09-2017, 05:40 AM
I've heard nothing but good things about BKnights. They are mentioned on the Kindlepreneur list of book promo services you can trust here - https://kindlepreneur.com/list-sites-promote-free-amazon-books/

I think that BKNights are an example of the principle that it is worth spending a little bit of money in order to secure a good level of promotion for your book. Almost everyone will be using the free services but by spending a little bit on some services with a great reputation, you stand to make a solid ROI on the money you spend.

WriterBN
01-09-2017, 09:25 PM
I don't think anyone in this thread disagrees that you have to spend (some) money to get effective promotion.

The question is whether you get a sufficient return on that investment. For me, BKNights worked well to promote a free book (so there wasn't really a question of ROI, except perhaps in sales of other books, which are hard to track) but wasn't effective for paid books.

mlred
02-03-2017, 10:24 PM
This is my first day using BKnights and before they posted my book, I was number 330 in my genre on Amazon. An hour after they posted, I rose to #135 in my genre. My sales report hasn't updated yet so I don't know how many sold but I will write back with more accurate numbers as soon as I have them.

mlred
02-06-2017, 06:54 PM
I sold 27 copies of my 99 cent ebook. I started at #330 in my book genre before BKnights posted the ad, and during the ad it rose to as high as #66 in my genre. I made $9.45 off of royalties from the ad, so after you take away $5 for the ad cost, I made a $4.45 profit. Not amazingly awesome but it's better than being in the negative or breaking even.

Fantasyart
03-26-2017, 02:18 AM
Awesome, something else to try. I'll give them a go, $5.00 is peanuts so it'll be worth the experiment. I'll return in a few days to let you all know how it went :)

Fantasyart
04-03-2017, 01:32 AM
Well I tried BKNights and found that it was pretty good for the price. I will use them again. Though I admit I didn't rise much more than I had already, prior to using them, but I did make two sales from it. It is a start. Baby steps. Right :)

Daffyjkl
05-01-2017, 09:20 PM
There seems to be a number of options for BKNights, Twitter, email lists, etc. Which is the best to use? Thanks in advance.