• Read this stickie before posting.

• In order to reduce the number of new members requesting a Beta reader before they're really ready for one, we've instituted a 50 post requirement before you can start a thread seeking a Beta reader.
    • You can still volunteer to Beta for someone else; just please don't request someone to Beta for you until you're more familiar with the community and our members.

Seeking BetaReader for 80K Heroic Fantasy

Status
Not open for further replies.

M.S. Wilson

Registered
Reaction score
EDIT: I've found a beta partner (pardner?), so please disregard this message. If I need another beta down the road (which I inevitably will!), I'll reactivate this thread. Thanks,

MSW

Hey everybody, I'm back! Yeah, it's been a while and most of you probably don't remember me, but I was somewhat active here on AW last year when I was working on my superhero novel. Ultimately, I decided it wasn't good enough for publication (first novel and all that), but I used it as a learning tool and I think my new novel is better.

So now I need a Beta-Reader for my fantasy novel; 80,000 words and it's more like a Forgotten Realms novel than a Tolkien epic, though a little less action/more dialogue than most "D&D"-type novels. I'm not too worried about copyedits, I'm more interested in how the book reads as a whole ... characterization, plot holes, boring bits, description, dialogue, etc. I'm willing to do a Beta swap (I've read and Beta-ed in varied genres) and I'm especially interested in getting opinions from women; my two main protagonists are women and I want to make sure I'm not writing them as caricatures, or worse.

So, if anyone's interested, PM me ... first come, first served. Thanks in advance, and another thanks to everyone who Beta-Read my first book ... it still may see the light of day some time in the future ;)

MSW

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.