PDA

View Full Version : Advertising for Kobo, Nook, etc

Mellanah
05-13-2016, 04:57 PM
Hi! I published my first novel, Soulbound, a little over a week ago. I'm building up nicely on Amazon, but I can't seem to get many sales on Kobo or Nook in particular. So far, I've posted in promo groups on Facebook and run a Facebook ad. I've also posted links on my Twitter and Instagram accounts. Any other recommendations for non-Amazon markets?

Thanks!

WriterBN
05-13-2016, 08:11 PM
There aren't many advertising opportunities for the other platforms, probably because most advertisers rely on Amazon affiliate income (and, of course, they have the lion's share of the market). I think Bookbub is the only major advertiser who promotes links to stores besides Amazon.

Mellanah
05-13-2016, 08:56 PM
And I have to have a certain number of reviews for Bookbub, right? I need to look into that.

WriterBN
05-14-2016, 09:09 PM
And I have to have a certain number of reviews for Bookbub, right? I need to look into that.

They don't specify, but having more reviews does help. Ultimately, it's about how many copies they think will sell.

They're extremely selective, though: it's been said that if your book is good enough to be accepted by Bookbub, you probably don't need them anyway :)