Not open for further replies.

Susan Gable

Dreamer of dreams, teller of tales
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.susangable.com
Hi, everyone! Would you like to skip the query stage and go directly to submitting a partial to an agent or an editor? Want a way to get a partial in front of an editor who normally only looks at agented submissions? (And you don't have one?)

I have a way that you can do that and help raise money for a real terrific cause. Author Brenda Novak is about to launch (in May) her second on-line auction to raise money for diabetes research. (Brenda has a son with Type 1 diabetes. I have a nephew with it, and also my mom is Type 2 and has been for over 20 years.)

Anyway, at her auction: http://www.brendanovak.com/auction_itemList.php you can bid on reads by editors and agents. You can bid on critiques by a number of authors. (Including me! Mine's not listed yet, though.) There are PR packages. You can bid on autographed books, gift baskets, all sorts of goodies. How about lunch with a published author and her agent in Atlanta this summer? Do you live in the Seattle area? You could bid on tea with bestselling author Debbie Macomber.

There are all sorts of great items up for auction, including those "passes" to get your work in front of an editor or agent. Please check out the auction and consider making a bid.

Thanks! :)

Susan G.

Susan Gable

Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.susangable.com
Writing Jedi said:
Cool. Thank you.

Of course, the angel on my shoulder hopes that these all go for high prices. The devil hopes I can get an editor to read my stuff real cheap. LOL.

LOL - I can relate. There's stuff there I want to bid on myself. So I understand BOTH emotions quite well. <G>

Thanks for checking it out!

Susan G.

kmm8n

Registered
Reaction score
Hi Susan,

Thanks for adding this. Is there any way we could sticky this for the month of May? (I'm not ready to make a bid yet.)

Also, what do the editors/agents mean by fiction proposal? I thought proposals were for non-fiction.

Thanks

Susan Gable

Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.susangable.com
kmm8n said:
Hi Susan,

Thanks for adding this. Is there any way we could sticky this for the month of May? (I'm not ready to make a bid yet.)

Also, what do the editors/agents mean by fiction proposal? I thought proposals were for non-fiction.

Thanks

I don't know how to sticky, but I'm sure Cathy can take care of it for us if she thinks it's a good idea. :)

They mean a "partial" - the first 3 chapters and a synopsis.

Susan G.

kristie911

Happy to be here
Registered
Reaction score
WOW...that's an impressive list! I'll definitely be watching the bidding closely. I have a friend living with diabetes as is her daughter...they are very, very involved with JDRF and this is a great way to support them! Thanks for the heads up, Susan!

Glenda

Registered
Reaction score
Thanks, Susan, will be keeping my eyes focused on this.

Susan Gable

Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.susangable.com
Just giving this a bump. The auction has started. (And already some of those prices are making me sigh. <G> But still, it's for a worthy cause.)

I've got a gift basket up there with autographed copies of all 4 of my books. There are lots of critiques up for sale.

Stop by and do some shopping. :)

Susan G.

Status
Not open for further replies.