Peaky Blinders - series 3!

mirandashell

Banned
Reaction score
Anyone watching?

Took about 20 mins to get into its stride but it's looking good now!

PeteMC

@PeteMC666
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
talonwraith.wordpress.com
I will be - still got ep1 sitting on the Tivo to watch. I loved the first two series of this.

mirandashell

Banned
Reaction score
Have you watched it yet cos I am about to freak out and it will be the Universe's biggest spoiler.

Spoiler:
What the holy fuck?! Tommy cannot be dead. That is just unacceptable.

I really really really want someone to put a bullet in that priest. In his scrotum, preferably.

Tommy can't be dead. It's not right.

Last edited:

PeteMC

@PeteMC666
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
No! I've got three of them on the Tivo now, but a looming deadline is eating my every free moment. I'll try and binge them over the long weekend :)

PeteMC

@PeteMC666
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
Hi, we finally sat and powered through all four of them last night and - holy shit!

This series is brilliant so far, really feels like it's hit its stride again after a few soggy bits in the second season (IMHO).

And yeah, that priest... [spoiler text follows in white]

I want to set fire to that priest! I don't care who he's really really working for, the man is evil.

I can't see Tommy being dead though, he IS the show in a lot of ways. Although Polly rocks as well, I can't see her character carrying the plot by herself.

Loved the bit with the crazy duchess too - from what I've read, the Romanovs weren't far off that mad in real life.

Last edited:

mirandashell

Banned
Reaction score
Spoiler:

The thing is though, Tommy has a bleed on his brain and has for it awhile, hasn't he? I'm not sure how he can survive. Given the medical expertise at the time. It would be tricky to save him now, never mind then.

I think the scene with Michael, Arthur and John around the fire last week was preparing us for Tommy dying and Michael stepping up.

PeteMC

@PeteMC666
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
<sob!> I hope not! Besides, that would be very, VERY Godfather-y, especially given his name!

mirandashell

Banned
Reaction score
I know!

I really hope it's not that, too. But who knows.....

As for the Duchess, I thought that scene was very good. Her showing Tommy how real aristocrats behave. Especially when compared to all the scenes showing Tommy more comfortable as a Roma.

oceansoul

Registered
Reaction score
Is it on Netflix or Amazon Prime yet?? I am completely obsessed with this show and hadn't seen that it was back!

mirandashell

Banned
Reaction score
It's not on Netflix yet. Don't know about Prime. Probably not as the BBC haven't finished showing it.

It might be on iPlayer if you have access to that.

allthefeels

Registered
Reaction score
It's finally back on Netflix! Super excited, and if I'm honest, all of your reactions have me amped. Binge watching is officially on the agenda for tomorrow.

Raindrop

Registered
Reaction score
I've only watched the beginning of the first episode (got bored because, bleh, wedding, then missed the deadline to watch the end) and the second episode so far. I love the settings and the era. Some of the shots are stunning, with surrealist views of Birmingham, an industrial dystopia that wouldn't look out of place in the City of Lost Children. The soundtrack is great, too.

But... I haven't been given reason to fall in love with the main characters yet. It may be because I haven't seen the first two seasons. I don't care for Tommy, I don't have much to say about his wife, and I can't stand Johnny.

There are some characters I like: Ada because she's fun; Aunt Polly, who rocked that dress in Ep. 2; and Arthur. He won me over when he said "Well, I'll have some fooking tea" or something like that.

I'll give it another chance because I can tell it's really good; I know it is. I just hope I'll end up liking Tommy enough to keep watching!

mirandashell

Banned
Reaction score
You really really need to watch at least the first series to know what's going on now.

chloecomplains

Pinkamena Diane Pie
Registered
Reaction score
Binged on Series 3 the last two days. If you got bogged down by the first episode or two, STICK WITH IT. Holy hell, that was a good finale. The only problem is waiting another year for Series 4.

Raindrop

Registered
Reaction score
I've watched the third episode, and I'm in. That show's astonishing.
And blimey, someone knows how to put a song-list together over there.

chloecomplains

Pinkamena Diane Pie
Registered
Reaction score
I've watched the third episode, and I'm in. That show's astonishing.
And blimey, someone knows how to put a song-list together over there.

We just got the soundtrack a couple days ago! Amazeballs!

mirandashell

Banned
Reaction score
We haven't had the finale on TV yet so NO SPOILERS please!

We'll see it tonight, Thursday.

mirandashell

Banned
Reaction score
And we just saw it! Holy crap.

Spoiler:

Woh. That was not the ending I was expecting! Not at all. Good lord!

My heart was beating like the clappers when Michael faced down the Priest. I really thought he was going to fail. I was screamig 'shoot him! Just shoot him, for ***** sake'.

I adore Tom Hardy. That speech to Tommy was genius writing and he delivered superbly. And I knew he didn't know about Charlie cos there was a micro-expression of surprise just before he said he knew. He's an amazingly subtle actor.

Those poor blokes on that train......

Kjbartolotta

Potentially has/is dog
Registered
Reaction score
Not gonna read the whole thread, only on episode three. One of the most amazing shows ever, glad to see the ever-radiant and superbly badass Polly get some sumthin'-sumthin' (though again, we'll see how that goes). Anyone else kinda burnt out my the music, very little negative to say about the show but that's my one peeve. Keep it to two songs an episodes!