Draft 3 in 30 Days

Status
Not open for further replies.

sierrawrites13

Registered
Reaction score
I'm posting this for accountability and a bit of moral support. I'm working on the third draft of my contemporary YA novel. This draft is about story construction, adding/deleting content, characterization, and general fixes. After this draft, I'm sending my novel to betas, then fixing grammar, style, and minor line edits. Then, it's off to the agents in July or August!

I promised my beta readers that I'll send the third draft on or before June 1. This feels impossible to accomplish right now because I'm going on vacation next week and moving back to the US from my study abroad program in a few weeks. But alas, I made a promise and it's good career practice.

Now, back to edits!

Julia Joy

Registered
Reaction score
I'm on the same timeline for my current project! Presentable draft by June, out to agents by August. Good luck, and let me know if you ever need a kick in the pants or moral support.

LStein

figuring it all out
Registered
Reaction score
You can do it!

I have a similar timeline but I'll be doing my month-long 3rd draft in August or September and that'll be after I get feedback from betas.

sierrawrites13

Registered
Reaction score
I'm on the same timeline for my current project! Presentable draft by June, out to agents by August. Good luck, and let me know if you ever need a kick in the pants or moral support.

Thanks! Let me know if you need support too :) What are you working on?

- - - Updated - - -

You can do it!

I have a similar timeline but I'll be doing my month-long 3rd draft in August or September and that'll be after I get feedback from betas.

You got this!

books-tea-puppies

Registered
Reaction score
Good luck! Having these kind of timelines can go along way toward keeping you going.
You've got this!

Anberlin

Registered
Reaction score
I am also on a similar timeline. Although, I've been working on my third draft for a little bit already. I am hoping to finish in the next two weeks or so and be ready to query in July. Good luck on yours! I know you can do it! It's a good idea to set goals like that. :)

sierrawrites13

Registered
Reaction score
Update: I'm up to chapter 4. Chapters 1 and 3 were revising what I already have, while chapter 2 was new.

How's everybody else doing?

Julia Joy

Registered
Reaction score
I've been really hung up on polishing my first chapter, which put me a little behind schedule, but I'm moving on to chapter 2 right now. Go team go!

sierrawrites13

Registered
Reaction score
I've been really hung up on polishing my first chapter, which put me a little behind schedule, but I'm moving on to chapter 2 right now. Go team go!

Yay, congrats! I totally get the polishing struggle. My first draft has been through the wringer about five times now and it's not done yet. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.