High School Freshman's Anti-Bullying Film

clintl

Represent.
Registered
Reaction score
The local news tonight had a story about an area teen who made an anti-bullying film called Silent that's been getting a lot of views. So I looked it up, and it's brilliant. Definitely worth the 5 minutes it takes to watch it. Here's a link:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_an9aIryJb8&feature=youtu.be

And a link to the news story on the TV station's page:

http://www.kcra.com/news/folsom-students-make-antibullying-film-get-international-attention/39176696

I thought about posting in the "positive news" thread, but I think it deserves its own. Kids doing things like don't get enough attention, but as a teacher, I can tell you with full confidence that there are a lot of great kids out there.

By the way, she wants to be a film director, and I think she has a great start.

Bartholomew

Comic guy
Kind Benefactor
Poetry Book Collaborator
Registered
Reaction score
That was pretty great work. Cutting the dialogue was a good decision; it spoke to the subject material very well, and probably did a lot to circumvent teenage acting. This kid is going places.

Don

All Living is Local
Registered
Reaction score
Wow. Speechless but not tearless.

Maze Runner

Registered
Reaction score
That was wonderful. Lindsey's father is blind, so I'm sure that's made her more compassionate and sensitive to this issue. Very well done, she's off to a good start, indeed.

Maze Runner

Registered
Reaction score
I'm convinced that we get the kids we deserve, as parents and as a society. Yes, there are exceptions, but as a rule, there's nothing wrong with kids that isn't wrong with us.