PDA

View Full Version : Would you go to a naked restaurant?

CassandraW
04-21-2016, 11:20 PM
London is getting a naked restaurant (http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/naked-dining-london-about-get-its-first-clothing-optional-restaurant-1555757). Woo hoo!

The Bunyadi - supposedly a Hindi term meaning 'fundamental', 'base' or 'natural' - is the new brainchild from Lollipop, the company behind Shoreditch's recently christened Breaking Bad themed cocktail bar, ABQ London (http://www.abq.london/). "The idea is to experience true liberation," said Seb Lyall, Lollipop's founder."We have worked very hard to design a space where everything patrons interact with is bare and naked. The use of natural bamboo partitions and candlelight has enabled to us to make the restaurant discreet, whilst adhering to the ethos behind it. No doubt, this has been the most challenging project for us yet, which makes us very excited about it"

In terms of the cuisine on offer, the team are keeping the menu a closely guarded secret, apart from the proposition of both vegan and non-vegan tasting menus, all cooked on wood-fire. The upcoming dining experience is already seeming popular, with a current waiting list (http://thebunyadi.com/)of over 3,800 people.

There's a separate section of the restaurant where you can dine with your clothing on.

Me, I wouldn't want to dine in a naked restaurant for any number of reasons -- the main one being that I really don't want to look at anyone except perhaps a lover naked while I'm dining. Then there's the possibility of spilling hot soup on my lap, the idea of sitting naked on a chair where many strangers have also sat naked, the fact that other people would be checking me out while I'm eating naked, the whole getting-a-bikini-wax-just-to-go-out-for-dinner thing....

But there's a huge waiting list, so maybe it's just me. What do you think? (poll to follow)

ETA:

(I made it anonymous for all you shy folks out there, but you can select more than one option.)

CindyGirl
04-21-2016, 11:25 PM
Are the servers also naked at one of these places? Just curious.

CassandraW
04-21-2016, 11:30 PM
Are the servers also naked at one of these places? Just curious.

I have no idea. The website is still pretty skeletal (http://thebunyadi.com/) (I hope those tree trunk seats aren't in the naked part --- ass splinters would suck.)

But if so, I wonder where they put their tips.

Maggie Maxwell
04-21-2016, 11:33 PM
Even if I had the nerve to dine there, I'm not sure I'd want to see everyone else's... everyone else. Do you really want to know where the guy sitting a table over has moles?

CassandraW
04-21-2016, 11:35 PM
Apparently, the staff will be naked with "certain [unspecified] parts covered up. (http://www.businessinsider.com/londons-naked-restaurant-the-bunyadi-2016-4?IR=T)"

CindyGirl
04-21-2016, 11:40 PM
I would expect the cooks to wear something. Especially if they're frying that day.

kuwisdelu
04-21-2016, 11:41 PM
Well, I've always wanted to try nyotaimori.

Gilroy Cullen
Well, sanitary concerns aside, the klutz in me cringes at the thought of hot soup in the lap...

Haggis
I hear they're already planning Thanksgiving dinner. They'll serve turkey and cranberry sauce, but no dressing.

CassandraW
04-21-2016, 11:43 PM
Even if I had the nerve to dine there, I'm not sure I'd want to see everyone else's... everyone else. Do you really want to know where the guy sitting a table over has moles?

This would not be the place to go on a first date unless you're very, very confident. Although apparently it will be candlelit for a "purer" (and more flattering) lighting experience.

- - - Updated - - -

I hear they're already planning Thanksgiving dinner. They'll serve turkey and cranberry sauce, but no dressing.

cray? is that you?

CindyGirl
04-21-2016, 11:45 PM
Oh forgive me but, if everyone's naked...there's a bigger risk of a hair in your food...and not necessarily from the head. No. This Is A Bad Idea. Bad.

Haggis
04-21-2016, 11:47 PM
- - - Updated - - -

cray? is that you?

:e2moon:

CassandraW
04-21-2016, 11:49 PM
There's also the seats. Let's set aside the ass splinters for the time being (the seats seem to be sawn-off logs (http://www.businessinsider.com/londons-naked-restaurant-the-bunyadi-2016-4?IR=T)). Naked people are likely to drop hairs and various...fluids...on the seats. Upon which the next set of patrons will sit naked. Ew. Ew. Ew.

A nude beach, fine. But restaurants and nude don't mix, in my book.

Roxxsmom
04-21-2016, 11:49 PM
I'm not grossed out by naked bodies walking around outside, but I do believe there are health code issues that would come up over nakedness in restaurants. Butt crumbs, skid marks, toilet paper flakes, bodily juices, body hairs and so on? I don't want them in my food or on surfaces near where I'll be eating. And I don't want my uncovered nether regions (or the hands I'll be eating with) rubbing up against the same chairs and cushions that someone else's uncovered nether regions were just rubbing up against either. There's a reason we require people to wear underwear when trying on clothes and swimwear in changing rooms.

If we lived in a world where public nakedness is the expected norm, I think I'd take a page out of the Hitchhiker's Guide and start carrying a personal towel (and lots of hand sanitizer) everywhere with me.

CassandraW
04-21-2016, 11:50 PM

ew. save that for when you dine out at the Bunyadi.

kuwisdelu
04-21-2016, 11:54 PM
There's also the seats. Let's set aside the ass splinters for the time being (the seats seem to be sawn-off logs (http://www.businessinsider.com/londons-naked-restaurant-the-bunyadi-2016-4?IR=T)). Naked people are likely to drop hairs and various...fluids...on the seats. Upon which the next set of patrons will sit naked. Ew. Ew. Ew.

Doesn't wood have natural anti-bacterial properties?

Maybe they'll just hand out two sets of hot towels for washing up before eating.

One for the hands and one for the bottom.

WriterDude
04-21-2016, 11:56 PM
Absolutely not, it's minging.

CassandraW
04-21-2016, 11:57 PM

Maybe they'll just hand out two sets of hot towels for washing up before eating.

Then, of course, you could think about the fact you are using some stranger's former ass towel to clean up your own ass. Or possibly your hands.

And there's the hair problem. And the fact people may continue to excrete some bodily fluids (sweat, at least) afterward.

Roxxsmom
04-21-2016, 11:58 PM

Anti bacterial =/= anti viral. Many of the nasties apparently healthy people shed from their rears (Noro, hepatitis A) are viruses.

And I don't want to see the people at the next table wiping their butts before dinner! :chair

I'd kind of presume they'd have towels or some equivalent to put on the seats. I think nudist/naturalist/nakey resorts and stuff mandate you have to like, cover seats with a towel before you sit down.

I think you're right that this would be required in most parts of the US, at least. But we're known for having pretty tight health codes. They don't allow dogs in restaurants by law here either, but they do in the UK (maybe it's because we have some pretty nasty parasites animals can carry in some parts of the US because of the warmer climate).

cornflake
04-21-2016, 11:58 PM
I'd kind of presume they'd have towels or some equivalent to put on the seats. I think nudist/naturalist/nakey resorts and stuff mandate you have to like, cover seats with a towel before you sit down.

cornflake
04-21-2016, 11:59 PM
Anti bacterial =/= anti viral. Many of the nasties apparently healthy people shed from their rears (Noro, hepatitis A) are viruses.

And I don't want to see the people at the next table wiping their butts before dinner! :chair

Butt (see what I did there? HAH), it's *natural!*

KateSmash
04-22-2016, 12:02 AM
I consider myself an adventurous eater, but(t) ... no. Just ... no.

Amadan
04-22-2016, 12:02 AM
I cannot imagine in what universe this is supposed to be a good idea.

Roxxsmom
04-22-2016, 12:03 AM
Butt (see what I did there? HAH), it's *natural!*

:e2hammer:

cornflake
04-22-2016, 12:04 AM
:e2hammer:

According to your avatar pic, you seem to be comfortable with nudity.

c.e.lawson
04-22-2016, 12:16 AM
I think that'd be a pretty crappy dining experience.

kuwisdelu
04-22-2016, 12:16 AM
Then, of course, you could think about the fact you are using some stranger's former ass towel to clean up your own ass. Or possibly your hands.

I think about that every time I stay in a hotel.

Latina Bunny
04-22-2016, 12:18 AM
Hell, no (for germs, grossness, and shyness/self-consciousness reasons).

Chris P
04-22-2016, 12:19 AM
I'm no naturist/nudist, but I'd do it just to say I did it.

morngnstar
04-22-2016, 12:23 AM
Why don't they combine it with one of those pitch-dark restaurants?

CassandraW
04-22-2016, 12:29 AM
I think about that every time I stay in a hotel.

I try to shove the thought out of my mind at hotels, but it does sometimes encroach. Here, however, it would be unavoidable because you'd be watching the strangers wipe their asses.

Fruitbat
04-22-2016, 12:48 AM
Sure, I'll go. I just need some notice to make sure I'm somewhat toned and have a tan.

When you go somewhere new, don't forget to bring a towel.

Chris P
I think I'd take a page out of the Hitchhiker's Guide and start carrying a personal towel (and lots of hand sanitizer) everywhere with me.

Mental Floss did an article on what happens at nude retreats, and carrying your own towel to sit on is pretty much expected.

c.e.lawson
I hear they have great desserts!

http://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/3049/yule-chocolate-log

CassandraW
04-22-2016, 01:07 AM
Even taking aside the germ/hair issues, I honestly can't see what the appeal would be. How would being naked improve one's dining experience?

Most people don't look all that great nude, so I doubt I'd get much of a thrill. Indeed, I'm sure it would likely have the opposite effect.

I don't personally find naked more comfortable (certainly not while sitting and eating) than I would find clothing (unless I chose something tight, perhaps). And I like to dress up and look pretty, so really, I'd much rather wear that nice dress I bought than show off my bikini wax to strangers.

And the potential of me (or someone else) spilling hot stuff on my naked flesh -- yeah, that would worry me a lot.

Really, where's the fun? Except, as Chris put it, to say you did it? I have so many things I'd rather say I did. (And anyway, most of the things I've done purely to say I've done them have not ended up being particularly enjoyable. Riding an elephant, for example -- I got motion sickness.)

CindyGirl
04-22-2016, 01:40 AM
I'd rather pose nude for an art class than eat at a restaurant. As for carrying a towel, how do you know you've sat on the same side each time you've sat? What if it gets flipped over the next seat you move to? Then blam-o germs.

I don't even like to eat a bite of food off my husband's fork. I'm just squeamish that way.

Lavern08
04-22-2016, 01:50 AM
Ahhh, looks like they're serving Moon Pies for dessert.

Marlys
04-22-2016, 01:54 AM
I'd consider it. I would expect towels, and just wouldn't order hot soup. It would be interesting to see people's different comfort levels, and how they interact without the usual social markers clothes provide.

But I'm not generally a germophobe--you can't be, if you've ever worked in a public library. There isn't a bodily fluid out there that hasn't been spilled on a library book.

CassandraW
04-22-2016, 02:02 AM
But I'm not generally a germophobe--you can't be, if you've ever worked in a public library. There isn't a bodily fluid out there that hasn't been spilled on a library book.

Yes, so I realized after taking out a book someone had used as a kleenex. That's one reason I buy books now. When I take one out of the library, I generally do so on a Kindle -- I have to want it pretty badly (and have it be unavailable in an e-book) to take out the physical book. And I wash my hands as soon as humanly possible after riding the subway.

I will, however, share a fork with someone with whom I have shared, or plan to share, bodily fluids. I'm squeamish about stranger germs, not loved-one germs.

Haggis
04-22-2016, 02:07 AM
Even lap dancers use a towel. A friend told me.

Rolling Thunder
04-22-2016, 02:08 AM
Hot dogs and milkshakes for everyone!

Brightdreamer
04-22-2016, 02:14 AM
I'm no naturist/nudist, but I'd do it just to say I did it.

TBH, I'm guessing that's precisely the reason there's a packed waiting list for this place - everyone wants to be able to say they ate there for bragging rights.

As for me - heck, I wouldn't get naked in the shower if I didn't have to. I'm that ugly. No way am I inflicting that on anyone else while eating. (Though I could see it as a useful diet strategy... "Do you really need that dessert? See how the couple at Table 3 are gagging at your appearance? Didn't think so...")

robeiae
04-22-2016, 02:19 AM
Would you go to a naked restaurant?
Provided all seating was beanbag chairs, yes.

CassandraW
04-22-2016, 02:23 AM
Provided all seating was beanbag chairs, yes.

ugh. the very last thing in the world I'd sit in naked would be a bean-bag chair -- at least one strangers have also sat in naked.

Fruitbat
04-22-2016, 02:27 AM
I'd politely sit upon my dinner napkin, of course. I don't want to look at anyone else though. Ewww.

robeiae
04-22-2016, 02:47 AM
ugh. the very last thing in the world I'd sit in naked would be a bean-bag chair -- at least one strangers have also sat in naked.
Oh, come on! Tell me you wouldn't happily sit naked in a bean bag chair that had just been evacuated vacated by a naked cray!

frimble3
04-22-2016, 03:08 AM
Not really seeing the appeal (aside from the 'try anything once' factor) unless the restaurant specializes in really messy food, and offers showers afterwards.

CassandraW
04-22-2016, 03:15 AM
Oh, come on! Tell me you wouldn't happily sit naked in a bean bag chair that had just been evacuated vacated by a naked cray!

I hate you.

angeldove
04-22-2016, 03:26 AM
No. I would not want to dine in restaurant naked. That would be extremely uncomfortable to me, but I could see that there are others out there very comfortable with something like that. Not for me.

Albedo
04-22-2016, 03:46 AM
No way, no how. Especially given the average restaurant seating would put you at eye level with your waiter's goolies.

cornflake
04-22-2016, 04:11 AM
I'm kind of fascinated by the logistics. I mean people aren't leaving home naked to go, so...

Do they have big undressing rooms? Closets? Lockers? Do you go up, ask for a table, and they give you a locker to put your stuff in? Are you supposed to carry a wallet/purse in your hand to the table?

Roxxsmom
04-22-2016, 04:37 AM
According to your avatar pic, you seem to be comfortable with nudity.

And with peeing and poo-ing in public, sniffing butts, and eating poo, and...

But I'm not allowed in indoor restaurants in the US, so...

I'm kind of fascinated by the logistics. I mean people aren't leaving home naked to go, so...

Do they have big undressing rooms? Closets? Lockers? Do you go up, ask for a table, and they give you a locker to put your stuff in? Are you supposed to carry a wallet/purse in your hand to the table?

Seriously, and with all that hassle, why bother? Is wearing clothes while dining really that onerous to some people?

This is almost starting to sound like some kind set up now--tell a friend or relative you owe big time that there's this amazing restaurant where it's completely dark, but everyone has to dine naked. Once everyone is settled in and eating, have someone "accidentally" turns the lights on, and voila, there's your friend sitting there in the buff when everyone else has their clothes on.

Emermouse
04-22-2016, 04:42 AM
My concerns are, well, the place probably won't just be frequented by people who could win a Chris Hemsworth lookalike contest :tongue and I'm wondering what kind of food they serve. Because some hot, like grease or gravy spilling in your lap, ask yourself if you want to explain that to the attending at the ER, I'm just saying. :eek:

Roxxsmom
04-22-2016, 04:46 AM
When I was in college, I dropped a cup of hot coffee in my lap right before my morning class started. I wasn't naked, but I was wearing white pants. Argh! It looked just like I'd peed myself, and the stain never came out.

swachski
04-22-2016, 07:24 AM
If there were more nekidity in public places, maybe we wouldn't all be grossed out by one of the most natural things about ourselves?

I probably wouldn't, mainly because restaurants are always air conditioned and I wouldn't want to freeze my... yeah, you get the idea..

c.e.lawson
04-22-2016, 07:25 AM
Eew, the more I think about it, the more I can't bare it. :tongue

Albedo
04-22-2016, 07:31 AM
If there were more nekidity in public places, maybe we wouldn't all be grossed out by one of the most natural things about ourselves?
If everyone went buff outside I'd probably stop going outside.

jjdebenedictis
04-22-2016, 07:35 AM
Maybe with low lighting, lots of privacy, and some chocolate sauce and whipped cream, this could be a destination for couples wanting a romantic dinner.

There'd be even more concern with bodily fluids then, though.

Also, my buddy in university came up with Laman's Law: Any person seen unexpectedly naked will always be a person you wish you hadn't seen naked. I suspect that Law would apply here.

Haggis
04-22-2016, 07:42 AM
Maybe with low lighting, lots of privacy, and some chocolate sauce and whipped cream, this could be a destination for couples wanting a romantic dinner.

There'd be even more concern with bodily fluids then, though.

Also, my buddy in university came up with Laman's Law: Any person seen unexpectedly naked will always be a person you wish you hadn't seen naked. I suspect that Law would apply here.
In fairness, some people I've seen unexpectedly nekkid kind of made my day.

kuwisdelu
04-22-2016, 08:08 AM
Being naked really isn't that big a deal...

I think. I don't much care if people are naked.

I'm more concerned about my nudity bothering other people.

I know some people have strong opinions about people like me being naked...

Rolling Thunder
04-22-2016, 02:31 PM
I wouldn't have a problem with nudity if it weren't for all the nakedness that comes along with it.

regdog
04-22-2016, 04:00 PM
Apparently, the staff will be naked with "certain [unspecified] parts covered up. (http://www.businessinsider.com/londons-naked-restaurant-the-bunyadi-2016-4?IR=T)"

I should hope so. Who the hell wants to see a server's bellybutton.

Would I go to the restaurant, no. I don't know what kind of food they serve.

Latina Bunny
04-22-2016, 04:16 PM
Being naked really isn't that big a deal...

For me, it is. I can not stand people seeing my bra straps or bikini bottom, let alone my actual bare body. (And I've had people comment that I have a nice body--while I'm clothed of course.) I'm pretty conservative in clothing, and I never wear skimpy bikini bottoms. (I wear swim shorts or skirts/skorts/cover ups instead.)

Being naked would be a nightmare for me. I'd rather die, thanks.

CassandraW
04-22-2016, 04:18 PM

I probably wouldn't, mainly because restaurants are always air conditioned and I wouldn't want to freeze my... yeah, you get the idea..

Many of the "most natural things about ourselves" are things we would not want to combine with eating -- defecating, urinating, menstruating, spitting...

And I will submit that even if you'd find it erotic to combine food and sex with a lover, eating while others nearby were engaging in sexual acts would be weird and gross. Childbirth is natural and beautiful, but not while you're eating lunch.

"natural" doesn't necessarily mean appetizing. IMO, random naked strangers are rarely appetizing.

Layla Nahar
04-22-2016, 04:39 PM
What a strange idea!

robjvargas
04-22-2016, 05:06 PM
Many of the "most natural things about ourselves" are things we would not want to combine with eating -- defecating, urinating, menstruating, spitting...

And I will submit that even if you'd find it erotic to combine food and sex with a lover, eating while others nearby were engaging in sexual acts would be weird and gross. Childbirth is natural and beautiful, but not while you're eating lunch.

"natural" doesn't necessarily mean appetizing. IMO, random naked strangers are rarely appetizing.
The human race in places like London, New York (pick a big metro area) is unnaturally concentrated. So the idea that a naked butt farted on that chair just before I sat on it doesn't disturb me. The idea that 57 other naked butts did the same, that becomes concerning.

If the law allowed, I'd spend most of my day as natural as the day I was born. But I'd have a pouch of some sort I'd carry with me. And a "personal towel" would be in there.

Still... we've so closed off our "civilized" spaces with insulation and "energy efficiency" that we breathe the same air over and over, touch the same germs... At work, I've seen guys do their business, barely pass their hands through the water (if at all) and grab the door handle with both hands. And female coworkers tell me it's just as bad "over there."

So I'd take precautions. But gross? We're already there.

swachski
04-22-2016, 05:07 PM

Ha! You're taking my comment to the extreme, aren't you. I didn't imply that people should shit or bleed at the dinner table. I'm only stating that our current culture has driven us to view our naked bodies as distasteful. Some aboriginal groups still live with little clothing and I'm sure most of their bodies aren't "appetizing." And most likely they don't have sex or babies during their meals, either.

CassandraW
04-22-2016, 05:18 PM
Yes. but I would prefer not to live as they do, in all manner of ways.

I would submit that taking aside whether one finds most naked bodies attractive, there's also the fact that the routine of seeing everyone naked all the time would take something from eroticism, in a way I wouldn't personally care for.

What is sexier, being naked with your lover in a restaurant full of naked people, or sitting, dressed and looking your best in a civilized, elegant place -- and imagining naked savagery later, (minus naked waiters and that hairy guy with the moles slurping soup next to you)?

tiakall
04-22-2016, 05:28 PM

Thank you for giving me the mental image of going to this restaurant while menstruating. Brb, bleaching my brain.

Pennguin
04-22-2016, 05:34 PM
No, I wouldn't.

1. I'm just not comfortable enough with my bits to be in public with them.

2. Hygiene. There's absolutely no way you can manage it. Even in a normal restaurant, your food is dirty. Even at home, your food is dirty. That's why we have immune systems, but I'd rather not tax mine unnecessarily.

3. The view. There's no guarantee I'd find anyone in the restaurant aesthetically pleasing to my eyes, and I don't mean sexually. Some people are "easy on the eyes" no matter what they do or don't wear. Some people are unpleasing. Others are downright disgusting. It's a matter of personal preference, and I'm sure there are those who would feel some level of attraction (again, not sexual) or disdain for my appearance.

4. The quality. Never mind the cleanliness of the food. At least in the United States, such restaurants are typically advertised as half porn show, half restaurant. With the pornography aspect, I'm immediately concerned they'll put more into that aspect than in making sure the food is any good.

5. The environment. I've seen the clientele that goes into most adult stores, strip clubs, and so forth. I'm not comfortable around them, generally, which is why I've never been to a strip club or so forth.

6. The mindset. I am one who views pornography as unhealthy, and as I mentioned, most "naked restaurants" in the U.S. are heavily advertised as being about pornography. As a man, I see it as degrading to both sexes, and I would be disrespecting others and myself to support the industry.

7. I have personal issues that would make it unhealthy (physically) for me to be in such a place.

8. The price. You "pay for the show" as much as the meal, and with the insurance I'm sure is required in such a place, the cost will be high. I worked at a gas station where we sold Playboy, Hustler, and other adult magazines, as well as "regular" magazines like Cosmopolitan, Better Homes & Gardens, etc. The price of a non-adult magazine generally ran around five dollars. If you wanted a Playboy, you were looking at fifteen bucks or more.

Even if the restaurant isn't labeled as pornography (which is possible), I wouldn't go there, for the other reasons mentioned above.

CassandraW
04-22-2016, 05:35 PM
Earlier, someone gave me the image of pubic hair in soup. I'm just casting bread on the waters here.

CassandraW
04-22-2016, 05:55 PM

Yes, by the way -- they have changing rooms and lockers. And yes, that seems like a pointless amount of trouble to me. Stay home and cook if you want to eat naked. Order a pizza. Why get dressed, go out, get undressed, then get redressed?

Pennguin
04-22-2016, 05:59 PM
Yes, by the way -- they have changing rooms and lockers. And yes, that seems like a pointless amount of trouble to me. Stay home and cook if you want to eat naked. Order a pizza. Why get dressed, go out, get undressed, then get redressed?

Would that be "a redress of grievances?"

PUN! *Ba dum tish!*

I apologize to no one.

GailD
04-22-2016, 06:14 PM
When Jamie Oliver did the "Naked Chef' series, I thought he was awesome.

But a naked restaurant? Not so much.

At least, Jamie Oliver kept his clothes on. :ROFL:

regdog
04-22-2016, 09:40 PM
HBO has a series Real Sex, one episode highlighted a Parisian restaurant that was a sex club in the back. People could have dinner in the front area of the restaurant and then go to the back, which was partitioned off, and either have sex or watch others. There was a sex shop, different rooms for fetishes.

One guy was getting a foot job from his dinner date.

R.Barrows
04-22-2016, 10:00 PM
I suppose if I were one of those people who find clothing very restrictive and enjoy being undressed whenever possible I might visit such an establishment, but I am not said individual. Besides, even if I were, what's wrong with take out? I can enjoy my meal at home in any attire I wish. So, I would have to say no. Unless I was paid to go. Now that's a consideration.

How much would someone have to pay you to eat at a naked restaurant?

CassandraW
04-22-2016, 10:10 PM
There is no amount of money anyone could pay me to eat at a naked restaurant. I do not need the money.

You could make me go under threat of torture. That's about it, I think.

Maze Runner
04-22-2016, 10:50 PM
Oh, I can be bought. They're more likely to pay me not to go, but still, I can be bought.

No, I really don't get the allure. If some do, more power, God bless, and all that.

I'll be interested to see if this idea catches on. This could be the hot new franchise.

Thinking of a good brand name, now... I know Wiener World and Breastaurant are taken...

R.Barrows
04-22-2016, 11:08 PM
Thinking of a good brand name, now... I know Wiener World and Breastaurant are taken...

"The Birthday Buffet," or maybe, "Meatballs Ahoy." Although "Mouth Wide Shut," might work.

Maze Runner
04-22-2016, 11:11 PM
hahahaha, I think you're a natural

Siri Kirpal
04-22-2016, 11:32 PM
Sat Nam! (Literally "Truth Name"--a Sikh greeting)

No thank you!
I chill easily.
Don't like the idea of hot soup falling into lap.
Am obligated to wear a turban in public, barring serious life and death emergency.

Blessings,

Siri Kirpal

edutton
04-22-2016, 11:36 PM
Not a chance in hell.

Ravioli
04-23-2016, 01:20 AM
I completely support it for those who want it. Nudity should be less policed and more natural. Personally, I'm too insecure, otherwise hell yeah.

c.e.lawson
04-23-2016, 02:34 AM
Imagine the cringes from some of the male clientele, if they prepared geoduck ceviche at tableside.

https://www.google.com/search?q=geoduck&espv=2&biw=1137&bih=515&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwik693GpqPMAhUWzWMKHYKKB4AQ_AUIBigB

Roxxsmom
04-23-2016, 02:49 AM
When we got married, my husband and our male friends partook of the age-old tradition of going to a local "strip" club for the bachelor party (alas, we have no male exotic dance clubs in our parts, so my bachelorette/shower entailed going to a brew pub to drink beer and open lingerie while eating cake, which actually sounded like more fun). Mr. Roxx is not the sort of goes to such places as a rule, and he confessed that whatever excitement he felt (at witnessing the strutting and contortions of almost-naked women in the highest heel shoes he'd ever seen on a stage) were greatly diminished by the staff who came out and sloshed strong-smelling disinfectant on the stage and poles between numbers.

This was, presumably, as per the health codes (a g-string clad woman writhing around on the ground and thrusting her mostly uncovered crotch against a pole could spread microbes to the next dancer). Consider if we want to witness such aggressive disinfection proceedings when the staff clear tables between groups of clients.

Emermouse
04-23-2016, 04:49 AM

That is so true! From what I've seen, it's always the people you don't want to see naked, who are incredibly comfortable with their bodies. It's always the lumpy, hairy guys of the world, not the guys who look like Chris Hemsworth. Can you think of a single streaker who didn't make you want to gouge your eyes out?

Fun Presidential Fact: John Quincy Adams was apparently incredibly comfortable with his body. Regularly streaked and would skinny-dip in the Potomac and described making love in a snowbank as "the most quintessentially Yankee activity ever." Despite the fact that well, according to his presidential portrait, he just reinforces that law. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Quincy_Adams#/media/File:George_P.A._Healy_-_John_Quincy_Adams_-_Google_Art_Project.jpg

Haggis
04-23-2016, 05:15 AM
That is so true! From what I've seen, it's always the people you don't want to see naked, who are incredibly comfortable with their bodies. It's always the lumpy, hairy guys of the world, not the guys who look like Chris Hemsworth. Can you think of a single streaker who didn't make you want to gouge your eyes out?

Fun Presidential Fact: John Quincy Adams was apparently incredibly comfortable with his body. Regularly streaked and would skinny-dip in the Potomac and described making love in a snowbank as "the most quintessentially Yankee activity ever." Despite the fact that well, according to his presidential portrait, he just reinforces that law. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Quincy_Adams#/media/File:George_P.A._Healy_-_John_Quincy_Adams_-_Google_Art_Project.jpg

I'm fairly certain TR swam nekkid in the Potomac as well.

kuwisdelu
04-23-2016, 05:30 AM
Consider if we want to witness such aggressive disinfection proceedings when the staff clear tables between groups of clients.

Personally, I would find it more encouraging than the damp rag most restaurants use.

E.F.B.
04-23-2016, 06:27 AM
Heck-to-the-NO! You could not pay me enough. No one but my mother, my future husband, and medical staff are ever going to see me naked if I can help it. Certainly not a restaurant full of people. I don't even want to think about sitting where other nekkid butts have sat. And let's not forget body odor issues. Nope. Nope, nope, nope, nope, nope.

I did not know this. I...I'll never look at him the same way again...

Haggis
04-23-2016, 06:51 AM
Heck-to-the-NO! You could not pay me enough. No one but my mother, my future husband, and medical staff are ever going to see me naked if I can help it. Certainly not a restaurant full of people. I don't even want to think about sitting where other nekkid butts have sat. And let's not forget body odor issues. Nope. Nope, nope, nope, nope, nope.

I did not know this. I...I'll never look at him the same way again...
Well, it's not like you can ever actually look at him anymore. Being that he's dead and all, I mean.

jjdebenedictis
04-23-2016, 06:53 AM
This idea would lose some of the squick factor if the restaurant had a woodland theme, i.e. people eating in little semi-private treed grottos on carpets of grass. Give us wreaths of flowers for our hair, too, and grass skirts if we're shy. Suddenly the nudity wouldn't feel quite so embarrassing.

Haggis
04-23-2016, 06:58 AM
*cough* (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5bLX06yR3wY)

GailD
04-23-2016, 01:00 PM

:roll:

Now that hit the right note!

What's for dessert?

:D

Roxxsmom
04-23-2016, 01:14 PM
This idea would lose some of the squick factor if the restaurant had a woodland theme, i.e. people eating in little semi-private treed grottos on carpets of grass. Give us wreaths of flowers for our hair, too, and grass skirts if we're shy. Suddenly the nudity wouldn't feel quite so embarrassing.

There's this Greek restaurant in my old college town (pretty good food, btw) that has a mural on the wall that's very much what you describe (some of the feasters are naked or partially clad), though they're surrounded by marble pillars, not trees. However, restaurant patrons are expected to wear clothing. Darn, now I'm hankering for some of their dolmas.

Perfect.

Melanii
04-23-2016, 04:18 PM

Lmao ass towel.

I voted all no. I despise being naked.

swachski
04-24-2016, 03:16 PM

I'll get the strip steak, please..

CindyGirl
04-24-2016, 03:46 PM
Gosh, I won't even watch something like 'Game of Thrones' with anyone but my husband because of all the nudity. I can't imagine sitting around with a bunch of naked people.

jjdebenedictis
04-24-2016, 10:44 PM
I'll get the strip steak, please..**standing ovation**

jjdebenedictis
04-24-2016, 10:47 PM
Personally, I would find it more encouraging than the damp rag most restaurants use.Fun fact. Most of the nasty stuff dies when the table dries out.

The rag mostly just moves the germs all over the place; your sanitation comes from evaporation.

Gilroy Cullen
06-11-2016, 12:11 AM
http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation-now/2016/06/10/tokyos-naked-restaurant-turn-away-overweight-diners/85694768/

New details of this naked restaurant in Japan. If you're overweight, don't bother. They'll refuse service but not give a refund...

Ferrenzig
06-11-2016, 12:39 AM
What are the seats like? Plush or vinyl coated?

Is it warm enough that the last person there before me will have left a big wet bum print on the chair?

I think I'll pass.

Wyndsgal
06-21-2016, 01:28 AM

Hahaha, that's what I was thinking, too!

Fruitbat
06-21-2016, 01:54 AM
I suppose it's awful that my answer would depend solely on the shape my bod was in at the time of the invitation. :/

rtilryarms
06-21-2016, 07:06 AM
why go? I can just stay home with my shrimp and not share

nossmf
07-28-2016, 09:22 PM
I'd have to say no, for the same reason I could never get away with going to a nudist beach. Certain, shall we say, natural body reactions to being in the presence of naked females would preclude me ever wanting to stand up again.

deathstar008
07-28-2016, 10:13 PM
I definitely don't have anything against nudists. And personally, I love seeing beautiful people (men and women) nude. However, I don't consider myself a beautiful person (at least not when I'm nude). I'd go to the restaurant in my clothes and be fine, just wouldn't want to subject anyone else to my nudity... Also, umm not sure how it all works in nudist colonies, but with guys, well at least with me, I'm very easily turned on by visuals and so I'd be walking around at full salute and also wouldn't want to subject others to that....

Emermouse
07-29-2016, 06:14 AM
Sanitary issues aside, how would you be able to keep your mind on food? You'll be staring at the same plate of salad for a while, and oh, lord, it'd be impossible to rest making puns and innuendos. Be like, "This is the breast steak I ever had." God help any of you if you order sausage or anything remotely phallic. :eek:

Inspie
07-29-2016, 05:46 PM
This is definitely not my cup of tea. I wholeheartedly support the idea and love the idea of liberating ourselves from clothing (there are days where I just hate clothes), but personally, I wouldn't be able to look anyone in the eye. I'd sit there the entire time, squirming and feeling so incredibly awkward. I'll just eat naked at home, thanks. Haha.