Freudian(?) Typo RE: Trump's NY Strategy

robjvargas

Rob J. Vargas
Banned
Reaction score
So CNN has a story regarding Donald Trump and his strategy for New York. To wit:

Donald Trump is trying something new: playing it safe.

With a commanding lead in the latest polls ahead of the New York GOP primary, the Republican front-runner is dodging the spotlight -- and staying out of trouble.
Nothing noteworthy in the story, frankly. Then I paid a bit closer attention to the title of the story:
Why Donald Trump is lying low
Umm... isn't the proper phrase (so to speak) "laying low"?

Although, I gotta admit, there's truth to it as is.

CNN, thou dost typo thy way to Trump's naughty list.

Amadan

Banned
Reaction score
No. Lie is intransitive, lay is transitive.

That doesn't preclude the possibility of the double-meaning being intentional, though...

Gregg

Life is good
Registered
Reaction score
He's probably embarrassed because 2 of his 3 children - who live in New York - are not registered as Republicans and cannot vote for him in the primary.

Gregg

Life is good
Registered
Reaction score
Of all humans on the planet, Donald Trump is the most immune to embarrassment.

caw
Of course, I should have included the sarcasm thing.
But his children should be, given that they can't even vote for their own father.

Gregg

Life is good
Registered
Reaction score
Latest joke (except it s true) is Trump complaining about Colorado - the state that decided last August that they would not have a primary or caucus, but choose delegates at a convention - where Cruz has taken all 34 delegates.
Trump, the guy who will hire only the best and the brightest, apparently did not hire people who understood the Colorado process - and the guy who even failed to even campaign in Colorado, is whining that he was cheated.