• Read this stickie before posting.

• In order to reduce the number of new members requesting a Beta reader before they're really ready for one, we've instituted a 50 post requirement before you can start a thread seeking a Beta reader.
    • You can still volunteer to Beta for someone else; just please don't request someone to Beta for you until you're more familiar with the community and our members.

Beta reader needed for adult sci-fi

Status
Not open for further replies.

aus10phile

committed plantser
Registered
Reaction score
Hi! My book has been through 4 beta readers already, but I've made substantial cuts and edits to that version. It went from 153k down to 135k. I'm looking for an experienced beta who can help me:

1.) Make sure everything is still clear and flows well after the cuts I've already made.
2.) Ideally help me find another 5-10k to cut. I'm afraid I'm too close to it to see possible larger cuts I could make/ways to condense & combine chapters.

To get a gist of the plot, you can find way too many versions of my query here. My latest version isn't going over very well, ha ha, so maybe look at the one just prior. :Shrug:
I have an excerpt from chapter 1 posted in SYW here.

There's romance subplot, which is not evident from the query or excerpt, so if that's the kind of thing that annoys you, you don't want to read my book! Also, I'm definitely happy to swap.

If you're interested, shoot me a PM. Thanks!

Last edited:

Silver_Lightning

Registered
Reaction score
Hey,

I may be interested in being a beta. I'm more of a story-line plot hole character nit-pick kinda guy, not a grammar nazi, so if that works for you, I'd love to help. I'm currently on revisions for my own 110k epic fantasy, so let me know if you want to swap!

Status
Not open for further replies.