PDA

View Full Version : Photo of nekkid cake gets mom booted off Instagram

Ari Meermans
04-07-2016, 09:29 PM
It was a simple, classic Easter cake--a simnel cake--but it apparently violated Instagram's terms of use regarding nudity. Shortly after Sue Moseley posted the photo of the cake her daughters had baked, she saw her account had been disabled. Upon inquiring the reason, she received this message:

“Your account has been disabled for not following the Instagram Community Guidelines, and we won’t be able to reactivate it. We disable accounts that post content that is sexually suggestive or contains nudity.

We understand that people have different ideas about what’s okay to share on Instagram, but to keep Instagram safe, we require everyone to follow our guidelines.”

The article (with the cake photo) is here. (https://www.yahoo.com/tech/instagram-boots-mom-off-posting-111507477.html)

Instagram did reinstate her account after much hilarity on Twitter.

I needed the laugh, hope you do, too. :greenie

KTC
04-07-2016, 10:06 PM
That's hilarrifying.

Ari Meermans
04-07-2016, 10:23 PM
<g> It's udderly daft, is what it is.

Rolling Thunder
04-07-2016, 10:28 PM
'Puters be boobs.

jjdebenedictis
04-07-2016, 10:31 PM
So...do they have a Google Deep Dream 'bot scanning through photos looking for nipples? Because I fail to see how a human with normal eyesight could make that mistake. Maybe someone reported it as a joke?

The whole situation is funny, but I really am curious how it happened.

AW Admin
04-07-2016, 10:33 PM
It's the kind of thing you want to nip in the bud.

Ari Meermans
04-07-2016, 10:34 PM
:ROFL:

Maggie Maxwell
04-07-2016, 10:37 PM
Geez, Ari, might wanna NSFW that link. You don't know when someone's boss might walk by and think they're looking at lewd imagery. :roll:

KTC
04-07-2016, 10:41 PM
So...do they have a Google Deep Dream 'bot scanning through photos looking for nipples? Because I fail to see how a human with normal eyesight could make that mistake. Maybe someone reported it as a joke?

The whole situation is funny, but I really am curious how it happened. Someone would have used the report button...probably on a lark. And then the robot in the machine took it from there...

Ari Meermans
Geez, Ari, might wanna NSFW that link. You don't know when someone's boss might walk by and think they're looking at lewd imagery. :roll:

You're welcome, M. I do what I can.

KTC
Any cake without icing deserves to be reported. just sayin...

the cake is the vehicle for the frosting...

regdog
04-07-2016, 11:20 PM
AHH, alien boob alert.

Roxxsmom
04-07-2016, 11:32 PM
It was a simple, classic Easter cake--a simnel cake--but it apparently violated Instagram's terms of use regarding nudity. Shortly after Sue Moseley posted the photo of the cake her daughters had baked, she saw her account had been disabled. Upon inquiring the reason, she received this message:

The article (with the cake photo) is here. (https://www.yahoo.com/tech/instagram-boots-mom-off-posting-111507477.html)

Instagram did reinstate her account after much hilarity on Twitter.

I needed the laugh, hope you do, too. :greenie

A breast with a ring of white nipples around a central white nipple? Maybe our fears of the robots taking over are a bit premature, if that's an example of the current state of AI.

SWest
04-07-2016, 11:55 PM
Great. Now we've sexualized marzipan.

:e2bike2:

(Didn't this used to be a Mother's Day cake?)

nemaara
04-08-2016, 08:38 AM
It looks super tasty... *licks lips* :Cake: