• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

Starlight Literary Agency

Undercover

I got it covered
Registered
Reaction score
http://starlightliterary.com/index.html

This is a new one listed on Publisher's Marketplace. Their about page doesn't show them having any experience and they don't have any authors or books listed. I would definitely do more research on this one. Or perhaps wait until they get some sales first.

HapiSofi

Hagiographically Advantaged
Registered
Reaction score
They say they started out in film and television, but if they've actually been doing business in Hollywood, they should be able to afford a much better website, and they should be talking up their projects. Instead, you get amateurish stuff like:

For inquiries about the film/tv option status for any SLA property, contact us using the contact form and write film rights in the comment section before your inquiry.
Somebody wants to option a property they represent, and Starlight can't even give them a phone number? I don't think so.

Last edited:

Earthling

I come in peace
Registered
Reaction score
Wow, that website is a throwback from the 90s.

Comma splice on the front page and Molly's name changes to Melanie halfway through her agent profile. Not sure I'd trust them with editing...

CaoPaux

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Wow, that website is a throwback from the 90s.

Comma splice on the front page and Molly's name changes to Melanie halfway through her agent profile. Not sure I'd trust them with editing...
Heh. It's cut-n-paste:

Melanie Reed Contact Us6
melanie-f-reed.com/melanie_reed_agency_006.htm
With an emphasis on fiction, Melanie selects the books she represents ... books that make her cry, but most of all she loves the all-around un-put-downable book.
(Goggle cache, because the page no longer exists.)

Now, to be fair, there's lots of similar bios out there ...

http://www.fbliterary.com/about/
Faye Bender formed her agency in 2004 and has been in the business for almost 20 years. With an emphasis on fiction, she selects the books she represents based on the narrative voice and strength of writing. Faye works with previously published as well as first-time authors, and her tastes are wide-ranging. She is a member of the Association of Authors’ Representatives.
But filing off the serial numbers is kinda important.

CaoPaux

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
No activity after '17. Anyone have recent contact?

Vandal

In the Center of things
Registered
Reaction score
One of the agents here, Mel Stinnett, recently suffered a debilitating fall and had to release all her authors, including me and my co-author. I'm not sure about the state of the rest of the agency.