RIP Garry Shandnling

Vince524

Are you gonna finish that bacon?
Registered
Reaction score
Website
vincentmorrone.com
2016 strikes again.

Eyewitness News has learned that comedian Garry Shandling has died at an LA hospital at age 66.

Over a show-business career that lasted for more than 40 years, Shandling won acclaim as a sitcom writer, standup comedian, actor and producer.

rugcat

Lost in the Fog
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jlevitt.com
Good Lord, not only are they dying, they're going young.

One of my favorite shows ever was the Larry Sanders show, back when HBO only had a very few series comedies and you didn't have to decide which of them you had time to start watching.

Not only was Gary Shandling great, even better was Jeffrey Tambour as his Ed McMahon-like sidekick and Rip Torn as his maniacal producer.

Cyia

Rewriting My Destiny
Registered
Reaction score
:(

This is the theme to Garry's Show. This is the theme to Garry's Show... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ac8cQuEzDCQ

That song has randomly popped into my head since I was a kid. I don't know what about stuck with me, as I don't remember the show at all and I couldn't have been but 7 or 8 when it aired, but I doubt I'll ever forget those words.

Alessandra Kelley

Sophipygian
Staff member
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.alessandrakelley.com
Before the Larry Sanders Show we watched the Garry Shandling Show.

The music was goofy and I liked it.

"Garry called me up and asked if I would write a theme song ..."

Last edited:

robeiae

Touch and go
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
thepondsofhappenstance.com
Good Lord, not only are they dying, they're going young.

One of my favorite shows ever was the Larry Sanders show, back when HBO only had a very few series comedies and you didn't have to decide which of them you had time to start watching.

Not only was Gary Shandling great, even better was Jeffrey Tambour as his Ed McMahon-like sidekick and Rip Torn as his maniacal producer.
Yes.

Godspeed, Garry.

rugcat

Lost in the Fog
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jlevitt.com
Apparently the original Larry Sanders show will be returning to HBO. It's been so long that it will be like watching a whole new series for me.

Also I had forgotten that besides Jeffrey Tambour and Rip Torn, the cast included Janeane Garofalo, Ben Odenkirk, Scott Thompson, Jeremy Piven and Kathryn Harrold. Quite a lineup.