PDA

View Full Version : It's 6pm on the time change day, do you know where your circadian rhythm is?

Perks
03-14-2016, 02:07 AM
Dammit. It always hits about 6pm. We only moved the clock forward one hour, but my body thinks it's early afternoon.

I hate this shit.

ZachJPayne
03-14-2016, 02:11 AM
Yeah, this crap needs to end. Ugh. Humans playing with temporal reality is never a good idea.

I was working a grave shift when we fell back. I didn't get paid for the extra hour. Kind of bitter about that, now.

TheThingsSheWrote
03-14-2016, 04:13 AM
I've been perpetually sleepy all day. I really, really wish they'd ditch the dang time change. We don't need it anymore, and personally, it'll mess with my body for the next week.

@zachjpayne, Ouch... That hurts. Sorry to hear that :( can't talk to a manager and ask them about it?

MaryMumsy
03-14-2016, 05:19 AM
My rhythm is right where it belongs. Here in AZ we haven't done daylight time since the early sixties. When the temp is still 100 degrees at midnight (our real midnight) you don't need it to still be light at 10pm. There is also the plus of not running around changing all those digital clocks.

MM

Chris P
03-14-2016, 05:32 AM
Oh, I'm sure my rhythm will tell me exactly where it is about the time I want to go to bed. I hate this shit, too. I'm hoping we some day just stay on Daylight savings (although that's going to screw over people on the western edge of the time zones by having the sun come up at 8:30 am in the winter.

Today, it's been mostly my eating schedule that's all messed up. That doesn't usually happen.

Silenia
03-14-2016, 07:24 AM
In Europe, so we're not going to move over to DST for two more weeks (last weekend of March), but I suspect it won't change much for me. My body rhythm/sleeping pattern is all sorts of messed up anyway.

Think I've fallen asleep before sunrise maybe...six?--thereabout anyway, maybe one more or less--times so far this year and most of those were when I was ill last month.

Silva
03-14-2016, 07:42 AM
I get up and go down at such inconsistent hours that a shift in the hours doesn't impact my previously inconsistent routine. I've been pondering that all day and trying to decide whether that means that DS doesn't affect me, or if it's more like every day is DS for me.

c.e.lawson
03-14-2016, 08:48 AM
This morning, I had to get up pretty early to take my daughter to her volleyball tournament out of town. My plan was to get up at 5:20 a.m., shower, pack food, and be out the door by 6:30. This is the first year I've used only my iPhone as an alarm clock. I'm not a techie, and I was worried it might not change automatically, so last night I manually changed the time from 9p to 10pm then went to sleep. (This is because I recently traveled out of state to a place 2 hours ahead, and my phone didn't change so I don't trust it.) So this morning I dragged myself out of bed, showered, put on make-up, grabbed my purse and went into the kitchen to pack up the food. I was right on schedule to leave in 15 min. The clock on the oven said 4:15. I thought it was 6:15. The clock in the TV room said 5:15. I called time on the phone and it told me the time was 7:15. (!!!) I finally verified it was actually 5:15, and my iPhone had added another hour onto the hour I had added at bedtime. Damn. The only upside is that I'm REALLY tired tonight and should have no trouble going to bed at my usual time.

bettybadA
03-14-2016, 09:51 AM
Mine is always worse. I work midnights, so I am awake for the actual change (that's fun for payroll) and then later in the day when I wake again. So my rhythms are already off. But then again, I was to begin with.... I do light the weather change though.

PizzaPat
03-14-2016, 06:54 PM
For PizzaPat it is just another day. PizzaPat does not exactly live on what would be referred to as normal time.
PizzaPat does not believe in the concept of time so therefore PizzaPat does not acknowledge daylight savings time.