PDA

View Full Version : The Crap Film Conundrum

mirandashell
03-11-2016, 04:02 AM
You know how you start watching a film and you think 'lordy me, this is shite' but somehow you keep watching cos ... who knows. And suddenly the film ends and you realise you just wasted 90 minutes and you feel slightly dirty?

Yeah.... the Hungover Games.

I blame Netflix.

mirandashell
03-11-2016, 05:25 AM
But the Superhero Movie has cheered me up so I can sleep now.

God bless Leslie Neilsen.

Pterofan
03-11-2016, 10:43 PM
I love crap movies, but they have to be good crap movies.

I remember back when the USA Network started. They had that weekend show, Up All Night, and used to run classics like Trancers and Chopper Chicks in Zombie Town. I don't know if they ever showed Toxic Avenger, but it would have fit right in.

mirandashell
03-11-2016, 11:04 PM
I haven't seen any of those.

But I too love a good crap movie. Ed Wood for instance. A genius in his field.

telford
03-12-2016, 07:44 AM
I especially dislike wasting my time with a movie, with a great premise, that is hijacked by some art house director who thinks he's making something special when all he's creating is crap. Phew, takes breath.

mirandashell
03-12-2016, 01:21 PM
Matrix?

eyeblink
03-12-2016, 02:38 PM
I review films (on DVD and Blu-ray mostly) so no viewing is wasted even if the film is utter shite. It all adds to the database inside my head.

And most films which come up on threads like this are a long way from the worst films ever made. I've sat through They Saved Hitler's Brain, on its one and only showing on British TV. (Channel 4's "Worst of Hollywood" season, back in 1984.)

Curlz
03-12-2016, 09:11 PM
Yes, those are exactly my feelings when the tv is stuck on the syfy channel and the tv remote is nowhere to be seen ...

cmhbob
03-12-2016, 09:58 PM
DEFCON-4.

Pterofan
03-12-2016, 10:41 PM
This is as good a place as any to announce that Sharknado 4 is now in the works.

juniper
03-17-2016, 11:56 PM
Yes, those are exactly my feelings when the tv is stuck on the syfy channel and the tv remote is nowhere to be seen ...

Ha I'm watching a crap one on SyFy right now. Called "Leprechaun's Revenge," from 2012. Cast info showed Billy Zane and William DeVane, so I thought it couldn't be that bad. But it is ...

This is one of the times that I (along with a million of others) think, "I could write a better script than this. I should be a screenwriter!"

Maze Runner
03-18-2016, 12:02 AM
Sometimes I know I'm watching a bad movie, but there will be something about it that keeps from turning it off. Could be the era, or the actors, or the style, something.

mirandashell
03-18-2016, 12:21 AM
For me it's quite often cos I'm curled up in bed and can't be arsed to take my arm from under the quilt and reach for the remote......

:D

Maze Runner
03-18-2016, 12:23 AM
hahahaha, yep. Sometimes, I intentionally put a movie on that I really don't want to watch. Perfect to go to sleep on. Just keep turning the volume down lower, and lower, and lower...

Shadow Dragon
03-18-2016, 04:33 AM
I love entertaining bad stories, as long as they aren't boring. Though I do draw a line when it seems like they were trying to make a 'so bad it's good' movie. It has to be an earnest attempt that turned into a train wreck.

For a relatively new so-bad-it's-good movie check out Cool Cat Saves the Kids.