Finding Dory (yay!)

aleighrose

Registered
Reaction score
Website
aleighrose.webs.com
I've been waiting for this movie since Pixar announced they were making it a few years ago. I probably won't see it in theaters (because I'd feel weird about going to a kids' movie without bringing any kids with me), but I will likely buy the DVD.

Brightdreamer

Just Another Lazy Perfectionist
Registered
Reaction score
Website
brightdreamersbookreviews.blogspot.com
I've been waiting for this movie since Pixar announced they were making it a few years ago. I probably won't see it in theaters (because I'd feel weird about going to a kids' movie without bringing any kids with me), but I will likely buy the DVD.

Nothing wrong with going to a "kids' movie" without kids. We do it all the time. We try to stick to weeknights or weekdays ('cause parents have to work), and avoid opening weeks, but for the most part it goes okay. (I say "for the most part" because there are some really obnoxious parents out there who can't control their kids... we all pay to see the movie, people, not to watch your little darling run up and down the aisle hollering at the top of her lungs.) Never been looked at funny by anyone - indeed, there are often other unaccompanied grown-ups in the audience.

rentserenity

Registered
Reaction score

Nothing wrong with going to a "kids' movie" without kids. We do it all the time. We try to stick to weeknights or weekdays ('cause parents have to work), and avoid opening weeks, but for the most part it goes okay. (I say "for the most part" because there are some really obnoxious parents out there who can't control their kids... we all pay to see the movie, people, not to watch your little darling run up and down the aisle hollering at the top of her lungs.) Never been looked at funny by anyone - indeed, there are often other unaccompanied grown-ups in the audience.

I'm so excited to see this movie. I adore Dory, she was one of my favorite parts of Finding Nemo. I'm not sure if I want to see it in theaters though, either because jittery kids drive me insane. The last kids movie I saw in theaters was Wreck-It-Ralph, and I saw it when it was on one of its last showings, so the theater was mostly empty and it was wonderful. So I'll probably try to do that again.

aleighrose

Registered
Reaction score
Website
aleighrose.webs.com
I'm so excited to see this movie. I adore Dory, she was one of my favorite parts of Finding Nemo. I'm not sure if I want to see it in theaters though, either because jittery kids drive me insane. The last kids movie I saw in theaters was Wreck-It-Ralph, and I saw it when it was on one of its last showings, so the theater was mostly empty and it was wonderful. So I'll probably try to do that again.
Going to one of the final showings sounds like a good idea. I don't get along well with kids, and it would be less awkward if there were fewer people in the theater.

Stiger05

Registered
Reaction score
Can't wait! The trailer was super cute!

I don't have kids either, so we usually try to go closer to the final showings, or at times most the kiddos won't be there (later at night, matinee during the week, etc).

ZachJPayne

Beware: #amQuerying
Registered
Reaction score
Website
zachjpayne.com
Ellen DeGeneres is good people. And, while I have never watched Finding Nemo​ straight through, I may still go see this.