• Read this stickie before posting.

• In order to reduce the number of new members requesting a Beta reader before they're really ready for one, we've instituted a 50 post requirement before you can start a thread seeking a Beta reader.
    • You can still volunteer to Beta for someone else; just please don't request someone to Beta for you until you're more familiar with the community and our members.

Seeking Beta Reader or Partner

Status
Not open for further replies.

SageChild

Registered
Reaction score
Hi :)

I'm looking for beta reader or beta partner.

I have completed a crime and literary fiction manuscript at about 60k words. I'd say there's a lot action/adventure in it too, because of crossing genres.

My synopsis of The Network:

When Carrie Dane's husband is taken by an unknown fugitive, she is driven insane by the police's lack of progress and her urge to fight, which she calls her hobby. She creates her solution when she is approached by Nexus. Nexus is and underground company that provides protection for all high-class criminals. Carrie hopes that having both sides will help her find her husband, but Nexus proves to be more toxic to her hobby than help.

I've been watching out for my character development,
creating compelling characters,
evoking emotion from narrator and
smooth transitions between scenes.
Anyone who is willing to look at all or any of these and point out anything at all that seems off to them is welcome.

Please be prepared for some heavy topics to be discussed in the plot. There's also some gory violence every three or so chapters. No swearing or erotica is involved.

As for swapping, I'm more than wiling to read anything that's even double the words that I've written. I love to bounce ideas off of people if anyone would be comfortable with it. I don't mind doing a general overview at the end of the manuscript, chapters and even line edits.
I'm also not very helpful with Erotica and Fantasy but all other genres welcome, especially Mystery. I'm comfortable with sex scenes and swearing too.

If anyone is interested in beta reading or swapping with me, please PM me.

Thanks!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.