Anyone writing metaphysical non-fiction?

SandyC

Registered
Reaction score
I've searched up and down and in and out of this forum, and haven't found any mention of metaphysical non-fiction - other than religious and spiritual which isn't quite the same. (Actually, in some cases, a long way from the same!) I'm currently writing a series of books about the evidence for the afterlife (NON religious) and would love to connect with any of you out there writing (or having written) about similar subjects.

Rationalist

Registered
Reaction score
I have completed a draft of my book (~156K words), a philosophical enquiry grounded largely on evolutionary theory, supported by the metaphysical views of nineteenth-century German philosopher Arthur Schopenhauer. My book is more about general philosophy: monistic metaphysics (quite the antithesis of the concept of an individual soul), morality, karma, religion (on the utility and biological evolution of religious behaviour), free will, procreation. As with Schopenhauer, I see metaphysics as the basis of not just every philosophical topic, but every phenomenon in the universe.

I am done with years of discussing and writing my book, and am now eager to have it edited and (self) published. Finding an editor is turning out to be a big mountain to climb – the real good ones are too expensive and overbooked. And every editing service cautions you about the “other” editors out there. I employ evolutionary theory, genetics, and neuroscience on a basic level, so am torn between going for an academic or general editor. I am tempted to go ahead without getting it edited, but fear the regret that is likely to ensue.

I have given some thought to the afterlife – it’s an intricate topic, with some parts nothing more than speculation at best.

draosz

Registered
Reaction score
Can you clarify what "evidence for the afterlife" has to do with metaphysics?