• Read this stickie before posting.

• In order to reduce the number of new members requesting a Beta reader before they're really ready for one, we've instituted a 50 post requirement before you can start a thread seeking a Beta reader.
    • You can still volunteer to Beta for someone else; just please don't request someone to Beta for you until you're more familiar with the community and our members.

Romance Novel// Incomplete (42,000 words)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kirsty

Registered
Reaction score
Seeking a Beta Reader for my incomplete Romance novel. I have never gone through this process before so any help would be really appreciated!

Synopsis:Tired of feeling like her life was just passing her by and ready to escape her abusive relationship, Savannah finally decided to live on the edge for a change. With no destination in mind, Savannah chose to leave her chaotic life in New York City to discover her true happiness. But will her past come back to haunt her in Blue Ridge?

Matt loves to live life on the edge and for no one but himself. As an army vet, Matt is accustomed to living through tragedy but a sudden death in his family at a young age is what has defined him. Settling down with anyone is not in the cards for him.

One snowy Christmas mistake may change both of their perspectives on love forever.

Kerosene

Your Pixie Queen
Registered
Reaction score
I have never gone through this process before so any help would be really appreciated!

1. Read the stickies of this sub-forum.

2. You should seek beta-readers whom you know from the forums, both because you enjoy their thoughts and that you can trust them more. Random strangers are the worse.

3. Don't ask for beta-readers with an unfinished work. Finish it first, then ask. It's hard for a beta-reader to tell you what they think without the full story to read, and telling them to wait till you finish more can ruin some of their thoughts on it.

madjack

Registered
Reaction score
Hi Kirsty,

I think you might mean you want a critique partner (CP) where you swap with them. They give you feedback on your work, and you reciprocate and give them feedback on their work. CPs are awesome. And for this, you don't have to have a completed work yet. There are lots of places to find a CP, try the following if you don't have any luck here. :)

Pub Crawl - there's a current matching going on now.
CPSEEK
On Twitter - check the hashtag #CPMatch
Other forums like QueryTracker and AgentQuery
Ms. Snark's First Victim Blog - sometimes she has CP matching

There are more sites but this is a good start for a CP Search. Hopefully others will chime in if they have ideas of where to start the CP search. :)

Good luck!!

Status
Not open for further replies.