The Greatest Human Being Who Ever Lived. Period.

Primus

Del Lago
Registered
Reaction score
What book would you present to Kanye West to get that little rascal to simmer down?

Personally I'd get him "Everyone Poops" by Taro Gomi. I think his beefs run really deep.

CassandraW

Banned
Flounced
Kind Benefactor
Reaction score
I was think something nice and substantial, like War and Peace. In hardcover. One good whap on the noggin with that should take care of him.

CassandraW

Banned
Flounced
Kind Benefactor
Reaction score
oh, yes. Brass ones in particular leave a lovely skull dent.

cornflake

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
At this point I think he needs a big bottle of meds and some serious time with psychological professionals. Boy ain't right. Never really was, has always seemed dumber than soup to me, but he's entered Britney umbrella-charging territory.

Cyia

Rewriting My Destiny
Registered
Reaction score
You can't diagnose on the internet when you're not a doctor, but people who've spent any time around someone who is unmedicated and potentially in need of medical help will recognize certain behaviors as worrisome. I think we've gone past the point of jabs at someone's ego and hit the point of hoping for an intervention. Reputation aside, the man's got family, including a small child and one on the way. For their sake, I hope he gets whatever help he may need.

jjdebenedictis

is watching you via her avatar
Registered
Reaction score
I'm not sure he's any worse than he's ever been, but I have long thought he had some narcissism issues.

Narcissists can be infuriating (and damaging, although Kanye has never struck me as being hurtful to others like, say, Donald Trump), but it's something they can't help and which you can't talk (via a book gift) or smack out of them.

If he is getting worse, then I hope his loved ones intervene.

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Personally, I think he knows exactly what he's doing and it is very carefully calculated and planned. Every narcissistic rant, every public hissy fit, all of it does exactly what he intends, garners loads of free publicity and keeps his name front and center.

He's a publicity whore, much like his wife and her family, they just have different ways of going about getting it.

Primus

Del Lago
Registered
Reaction score
He's a publicity whore, much like his wife and her family, they just have different ways of going about getting it.
Looks that way. He does possess an ego that simply doesn't have a filter or any layer of humility clearly. Maybe he once did, probably when he was an infant. I've never equated it to some underlying mental illness but who he is as a person. Some people, especially if they have people around them to encourage their inflated pride, are mad on their self–worth and value to humanity. It always makes for bizarre entertainment.

That said, he does make solid music.

CassandraW

Banned
Flounced
Kind Benefactor
Reaction score
I hate his music, too, so for me he just seems like a ludicrous human being.

PeteMC

@PeteMC666
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
talonwraith.wordpress.com
Personally, I think he knows exactly what he's doing and it is very carefully calculated and planned.

Considering one of his Tweets went out last week with what looked like the editor's notes still in it, I'm inclined to agree.