Lyrical Story Round Robin

Whiskey_Black

Registered
Reaction score
I'm bored, hyped up on too much coffee and brownies, so let's write a story together. Since we're all writer's, and I'd venture to say pretty competent, let's try to keep it coherent. I know these things always seem to get F-ked up really quick by people who try to turn it into something stupid and silly. And I'm all for humor as long as it flows properly.

The catch? It has to be song lyrics. One lyric line per post, NOT an entire verse, one line. Uno.

Also, please copy and paste the story thus far from the person above you, and then add your own. This will make all of our lives a lot easier. This way we can form actual sentences with punctuation, dialogue, and paragraphs. Rearranging the previous posters punctuation from their line is acceptable.

At the bottom of your post please include the song title & artist.

I'm going to go ahead and state this thread as NSFW!

Example

Poster 1: "I've been downhearted baby."

"Standing Outside a Broken Phone Booth with Money in My Hand"
by Primitive Radio Gods

Poster 2: "I've been downhearted baby. And I don't even own a TV!" "Flagpole Sitta" by Harvey Danger

Poster 3: "I've been downhearted baby. And I don't even own a TV!" She was touching her face.

"The Freshmen" by The Verve Pipe

Poster 4: "I've been downhearted, baby, and I don't even own a TV!" She was touching her face. "Open up your eyes."

"Open Up Your Eyes" by Tonic

Poster 5: "I've been downhearted, baby, and I don't even own a TV!" She was touching her face. "Open up your eyes. If you want me why can't you just show me?"

"Never There" by Cake

Poster 6: "I've been downhearted, baby, and I don't even own a TV!" She was touching her face. "Open up your eyes. If you want me why can't you just show me?"

"I wish I'd seen you as a little girl."

"Lemon Parade" by Tonic

Poster 7: "I've been downhearted, baby, and I don't even own a TV!" She was touching her face. "Open up your eyes. If you want me why can't you just show me?"

"I wish I'd seen you as a little girl." Green, green are her eyes.

"Low" by Cracker

Poster 8: "I've been downhearted, baby, and I don't even own a TV!" She was touching her face. "Open up your eyes. If you want me why can't you just show me?"

"I wish I'd seen you as a little girl." Green, green are her eyes in a world of human wreckage.

"Plowed" by Sponge

Poster 9: "I've been downhearted, baby, and I don't even own a TV!" She was touching her face. "Open up your eyes. If you want me why can't you just show me?"

"I wish I'd seen you as a little girl." Green. Green are her eyes in a world of human wreckage. Why" I don't know.

"Round Here" by Counting Crows

Poster 10: "I've been downhearted, baby, and I don't even own a TV!" She was touching her face. "Open up your eyes. If you want me why can't you just show me?"

"I wish I'd seen you as a little girl." Green. Green are her eyes in a world of human wreckage. Why? I don't know. And I don't wanna scare her.

"Cannonball" by The Breeders

Poster 11: "I've been downhearted, baby, and I don't even own a TV!" She was touching her face. "Open up your eyes. If you want me why can't you just show me?"

"I wish I'd seen you as a little girl." Green. Green are her eyes in a world of human wreckage. Why? I don't know. And I don't wanna scare her. All I wanna do is have some fun.

"All I Wanna Do" by Sheryl Crow

Poster 12: "I've been downhearted, baby, and I don't even own a TV!" She was touching her face. "Open up your eyes. If you want me why can't you just show me?"

"I wish I'd seen you as a little girl." Green. Green are her eyes in a world of human wreckage. Why? I don't know. And I don't wanna scare her. All I wanna do is have some fun. I'm so honry but that's okay.

"Lithium" by Nirvana

Poster 13: "I've been downhearted, baby, and I don't even own a TV!" She was touching her face. "Open up your eyes. If you want me why can't you just show me?"

"I wish I'd seen you as a little girl." Green. Green are her eyes in a world of human wreckage. Why? I don't know. And I don't wanna scare her. All I wanna do is have some fun. I'm so horny but that's okay. I get down when I'm loaded.

"Down When I'm Loaded" by Oleander

Poster 14: "I've been downhearted, baby, and I don't even own a TV!" She was touching her face. "Open up your eyes. If you want me why can't you just show me?"

"I wish I'd seen you as a little girl." Green. Green are her eyes in a world of human wreckage. Why? I don't know. And I don't wanna scare her. All I wanna do is have some fun. I'm so horny but that's okay, I get down when I'm loaded. I see the world through bloodshot eyes.

"Clean My Wounds" by Corrosion Of Conformity

Poster 15: "I've been downhearted, baby, and I don't even own a TV!" She was touching her face. "Open up your eyes. If you want me why can't you just show me?"

"I wish I'd seen you as a little girl." Green. Green are her eyes in a world of human wreckage. Why? I don't know. And I don't wanna scare her. All I wanna do is have some fun. I'm so horny but that's okay, I get down when I'm loaded. I see the world through bloodshot eyes. "On your own, all alone."

"Blossom" by Candlebox

Poster 16: "I've been downhearted, baby, and I don't even own a TV!" She was touching her face. "Open up your eyes. If you want me why can't you just show me?"

"I wish I'd seen you as a little girl." Green. Green are her eyes in a world of human wreckage. Why? I don't know. And I don't wanna scare her. All I wanna do is have some fun. I'm so horny but that's okay, I get down when I'm loaded. I see the world through bloodshot eyes. "On your own, all alone..." Time to take her home.

"Big Empty" by STP

Poster 17: "I've been downhearted, baby, and I don't even own a TV!" She was touching her face. "Open up your eyes. If you want me why can't you just show me?"

"I wish I'd seen you as a little girl." Green. Green are her eyes in a world of human wreckage. Why? I don't know. And I don't wanna scare her, all I wanna do is have some fun. I'm so horny but that's okay, I get down when I'm loaded. I see the world through bloodshot eyes. "On your own, all alone..." Time to take her home. I should be blowing in someone else's ear.

"Crawl" by soul Asylum

Poster 18: "I've been downhearted, baby, and I don't even own a TV!" She was touching her face. "Open up your eyes. If you want me why can't you just show me?"

"I wish I'd seen you as a little girl..." Green. Green are her eyes in a world of human wreckage. Why? I don't know. And I don't wanna scare her, all I wanna do is have some fun. I'm so horny but that's okay, I get down when I'm loaded. I see the world through bloodshot eyes. "On your own, all alone..." Time to take her home. I should be blowing in someone else's ear. It would be so easy with a whore.

"Love Hate Love" by Alice In Chains

Poster 19: "I've been downhearted, baby, and I don't even own a TV!" She was touching her face. "Open up your eyes. If you want me why can't you just show me?"

"I wish I'd seen you as a little girl..." Green. Green are her eyes in a world of human wreckage. Why? I don't know. And I don't wanna scare her, all I wanna do is have some fun. I'm so horny but that's okay, I get down when I'm loaded. I see the world through bloodshot eyes. "On your own, all alone..."

Time to take her home. I should be blowing in someone else's ear. It would be so easy with a whore. They'll show you where the truth is.

"Outshined" by Soundgarden

(Okay, yeah. I got a little carried away with my example, heh. But I told you guys I was quirky. I felt I needed to end it on a coherent note. :evil )

Okay, so i'll post the opening line...omg, so much PRESSURE!!!

Under the street lights

"Sometime Around Midnight" by The Airborne Toxic Event

WriterDude

Writer?
Registered
Reaction score
Under the street lights, I took a drive in the dirty rain

U2 whose gonna ride your wild horses

arikdiver

Making magic with words
Registered
Reaction score
Under the street lights, I took a drive in the dirty rain. I keep on searching and I keep on looking

Coolio - Fantastic Voyage

WriterDude

Writer?
Registered
Reaction score
Under the street lights, I took a drive in the dirty rain. I keep on searching and I keep on looking with one hand on the hexagram and one hand on the girl. I no longer feel that God is watching over me.

James - ring the bells

arikdiver

Making magic with words
Registered
Reaction score
Under the street lights, I took a drive in the dirty rain. I keep on searching and I keep on looking with one hand on the hexagram and one hand on the girl. I no longer feel that God is watching over me.

"It's okay, don't be alarmed."

Rhianna - Umbrella

Whiskey_Black

Registered
Reaction score

"It's okay, don't be alarmed." She was crying like a baby.

"She's Crafty" Beastie Boys

arikdiver

Making magic with words
Registered
Reaction score

"It's okay, don't be alarmed." She was crying like a baby. "Everything's gonna be alright."

East 17 - It's Alright

WriterDude

Writer?
Registered
Reaction score

"It's okay, don't be alarmed." She was crying like a baby. "Everything's gonna be alright." The first cut won't hurt at all.

Duel - Propaganda

Whiskey_Black

Registered
Reaction score

"It's okay, don't be alarmed." She was crying like a baby. "Everything's gonna be alright." The first cut won't hurt at all. Telling myself it's the last time.

"After Midnight" Dorothy

WriterDude

Writer?
Registered
Reaction score

"It's okay, don't be alarmed." She was crying like a baby. "Everything's gonna be alright." The first cut won't hurt at all. Telling myself it's the last time.

Soon it will be over and buried with our past.

Of mice and men - little talks

Whiskey_Black

Registered
Reaction score

Soon it will be over and buried with our past, the evil that's between us.

"Necromantic" OTEP

arikdiver

Making magic with words
Registered
Reaction score

I sealed my fate

The Blackout City Kids - Wrong Turn

WriterDude

Writer?
Registered
Reaction score

I sealed my fate, for a pocket full of mumbles, such are promises.

The boxer - Paul Simon

arikdiver

Making magic with words
Registered
Reaction score

I was gettin kinda tired so I pulled over the car.

Morphine - Pulled over the car

Whiskey_Black

Registered
Reaction score

I was gettin kinda tired so I pulled over the car. I see you see me through your window.

"Unwashed & Slightly Dazed" Bowie​

WriterDude

Writer?
Registered
Reaction score

I was gettin kinda tired so I pulled over the car. I see you see me through your window. You're the reason why I chose to stay.

Tina Arena - Sorento Moon

arikdiver

Making magic with words
Registered
Reaction score

I was gettin kinda tired so I pulled over the car. I see you see me through your window. You're the reason why I chose to stay. We're the song inside the tune.

Christina Aguilera - Beautiful

Whiskey_Black

Registered
Reaction score

I was gettin kinda tired so I pulled over the car. I see you see me through your window. You're the reason why I chose to stay. We're the song inside the tune.

"It's not that I don't wanna love you."

"Brooklyn Nights" Lady GaGa

WriterDude

Writer?
Registered
Reaction score

"It's not that I don't wanna love you." Loving you isn't the right thing to do.

Fleetwood Mac - Go your own way

arikdiver

Making magic with words
Registered
Reaction score

"It's not that I don't wanna love you." Loving you isn't the right thing to do. It's a pity you don't understand.

Black Sabbath - Killing yourself to live

WriterDude

Writer?
Registered
Reaction score

"It's not that I don't wanna love you." Loving you isn't the right thing to do. It's a pity you don't understand. In the day nothing matters

Laura Brannigan - Self Control

Laiceps

Busy doing nothing
Registered
Reaction score

"It's not that I don't wanna love you." Loving you isn't the right thing to do. It's a pity you don't understand. In the day nothing matters. Last night, she said

Last Night- The Strokes

WriterDude

Writer?
Registered
Reaction score

"It's not that I don't wanna love you." Loving you isn't the right thing to do. It's a pity you don't understand. In the day nothing matters. Last night, she said "please forgive me, I never meant to hurt you"

Chemical brothers - Golden Path

arikdiver

Making magic with words
Registered
Reaction score

"It's not that I don't wanna love you." Loving you isn't the right thing to do. It's a pity you don't understand. In the day nothing matters.

Last night, she said "please forgive me, I never meant to hurt you."

I said, "it's too late to apologize, it's too late."

Timbaland - Apologize