PDA

View Full Version : If I have no writing credentials...

Okyrah
02-09-2016, 08:28 PM
What is the best way to present myself in my query?

Niiicola
02-09-2016, 08:33 PM
Unless the agent specifically asks for a bio, you can leave it out. Just end the query with your housekeeping details, word count, etc, thank them for their time, and close with your name and contact info. They mostly just want to know about your book, and if that's awesome, a lack of publishing credentials won't matter.

KTC
02-09-2016, 08:35 PM
What is the best way to present myself in my query?

Have a professional, well written query letter. And also have a great story, well written.

Cyia
02-09-2016, 08:41 PM
Have a professional, well written query letter. And also have a great story, well written.

^ Yep. The bio is just for pointing out anything that might be relevant. If you're a teen counselor and have a book about suicide or if you've got four million followers on Twitter, then you can put it in. Otherwise, let the book sell itself.

Old Hack
02-09-2016, 10:22 PM
If you go to our Share Your Work section, then look for Query Letter Hell, you'll find a lot of advice on how to write a good query letter.

Okyrah
02-10-2016, 12:47 AM
Ok I've posted my query letter on Query Letter Hell so maybe that will help answer my question :) I wasn't sure what to put in that line. Thank you guys!