• Read this stickie before posting.

• In order to reduce the number of new members requesting a Beta reader before they're really ready for one, we've instituted a 50 post requirement before you can start a thread seeking a Beta reader.
    • You can still volunteer to Beta for someone else; just please don't request someone to Beta for you until you're more familiar with the community and our members.

Editing/proofreading partner?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Laurie

Registered
Reaction score
Website
elspeth.celtichearts.com
I am looking for a writing partner, more an editing/proofreading partner than anything else. Of course, if that person wants to get on my case when I don't take the time to write, that'd be fine too. :)

The general catagory to describe my writing would be Women's Fiction in that the primary readers would be women. It is more literary than romance, but too down to earth to be literary. At the moment I am trying sell a historical women's fiction novel and a women's fiction novel. I am working on writing a historical fiction novel. Short stories are whatever catches my fancy or I see a potential market for.

I would prefer someone who writes longer novels. (100,000 plus words)
I am not well versed in most genre fiction (i.e. fantasy, sci-fi, erotica, etc.) so I wouldn't make the best partner in those areas. I have read a great deal of mystery. Some of my favorite authors are mystery writers.

I welcome all constructive criticism and suggestions, but prefer they not be delivered sarcastically. ;) As one voted most intelligent and most sarcastic of my high school class, I know how sarcasm can burn. It is a weapon I promised to use only for good. :Ssh: (unless someone really ticks me off) :e2brows:

I would love to know more about markets for short stories. I know nothing of webzing publishing.

Qualifications? A good eye for catching my mistakes and what just doesn't sound right.

What can I give in return? Proofreading/editing, suggestions and encouragement. :e2cheer: I am a thorough critiquing partner and will point out what I find good as well as what doesn't read right to me.

And, I promise the excessive smiley face use will not continue. Just couldn't resist these little guys today. :banana:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.