• Read this stickie before posting.

• In order to reduce the number of new members requesting a Beta reader before they're really ready for one, we've instituted a 50 post requirement before you can start a thread seeking a Beta reader.
    • You can still volunteer to Beta for someone else; just please don't request someone to Beta for you until you're more familiar with the community and our members.

Seeking Writing Buddy/Critique Partner (Fantasy/SciFi)

Status
Not open for further replies.

EmoryHawk

Registered
Reaction score
Hello, I am looking for a writing buddy/cirtique partner(s) in which we can both exchange works and encouragement :) on a weekly or bi-weekly basis. Preferably someone who can also hold me accountable and can help bounce ideas or find plot holes as I would be happy to do as well.

I write mostly Fantasy with elements of Sci-Fi and Romance.

Here is a quick synopsis of my current wip:

Soren Mettalite, a young callous general, is well on his way to competing in the tri-annual Championships--a series of arena battles where only the best can stand, and victor is granted the opportunity to compete on a worldwide scale. His chances of victory are impeded when he is cursed to experience the physical pain he inflicts on others. While attempting to keep his plight a secret, he struggles to keep his haphazard team together, and keep his promise to an old rival: to face off in the final.

I can take harsh criticism as long as it's helpful. "This sucks" is no good, but "This sucks because <<insert reason here>>" is great.

I am aiming to eventually get traditionally published and would like someone who is also interested in releasing their work to the world (through whatever route).

Thanks!

TessaBlue

Not your ordinary stick figure
Registered
Reaction score
Hey EmoryHawk - I sent you a PM.

Status
Not open for further replies.