• Read this stickie before posting.

• In order to reduce the number of new members requesting a Beta reader before they're really ready for one, we've instituted a 50 post requirement before you can start a thread seeking a Beta reader.
    • You can still volunteer to Beta for someone else; just please don't request someone to Beta for you until you're more familiar with the community and our members.

Seeking betas for a 6.8k dark fantasy short, willing to swap!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dreity

Registered
Reaction score
Hello! I'm considering submitting this to a contest, but would like a few sets of eyes on it first. I have a thick skin, and welcome any and all types of feedback. This particular specimen is in the gritty sword and sorcery vein, but I'm happy to read any other sub-genre of fantasy of equivalent length. I do have a preference for secondary world, but contemporary fantasy is not a deal breaker.

The story is just under 7k, and follows the explosive last mission of a man who serves his anti-magic kingdom by hunting rogue magic-users, with the help of artifacts and talismans he's confiscated over the years. He's endured the inherent hypocrisy of his position for years, but his final hunt might be more than he can bear.

If interested, please PM me with your email address and preferred format! :)

Dreity

Registered
Reaction score
Just now seeing this. So sorry for the late reply!

I've had a few people take a look at it. Based on their feedback I made some revisions, and have submitted it to a contest. Depending on the results of that I might look for more eyes, but for now I'm good on critiques.

Now to write something new to keep myself distracted!

Status
Not open for further replies.