Monthly Goals for 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

MurderOfCrows

Registered
Reaction score
So I'm doing Reddit ComicCollab 22-pg-month challenge -- write 22 pages of script per month -- and completed it right at the wire with just a few hours to go. I did 11 pages of script, had them reviewed by my writing group, realized the issue was seriously flawed, and started over (though I did draw some inspiration/data from the first 11 pages, they no longer 'work'.)

So now I'm 11 pages into the new first issue (and the other 11 might still see more use/cannibalizing down the road) and that's plugging right along.

Also, this month I wrote a few pages on a fandom project (yay fun writings), about 6 pages of synopsis (4 for Nemesis, the comic in question, and 2 for the first Skinhorse novel - it's very rough and I'm struggling with it) and worked out some more pages for things. Also have been partnering with a artist buddy of mine in both encouragement and work.

So, yeah. Nice to have a challenge and meet it.

oscar54

Sockpuppet
Banned
Reaction score
I'm writing a book about goals, but as of yet, I have not got around to it.

MurderOfCrows

Registered
Reaction score
Finished Nemesis #1 - 11 more pages scripted by Feb 2nd, so the month's on a good start for me.

Nemesis #2 will begin soon as I do some tweaks to those pages from critique, but I don't want to hold off on starting that too long.

MurderOfCrows

Registered
Reaction score
Reached 22pgs today, a week before the month's out! So hopefully I can get a good headway into maybe finishing the issue.

If I can, I may reduce my pages for next month and work more on my novel project.

MurderOfCrows

Registered
Reaction score
And I made my 33 page goal! This was a secondary set - "If you can do 22, you can maybe do 11 more to get Issue 1 + 2 both complete before the end of February!" So I met that, and can do as I promised myself: Continue on to Nemesis #3 next month, 22pgs, and work on actually getting Skinhorse on paper as well.

MurderOfCrows

Registered
Reaction score
Met monthly goals - 22 pages of script.

Actually ended up writing 16 more on top of that, but all of those are going to be re-written... Also did page layouts for two anthology submissions and worked with collaborators for a pitch session to be submitted by next Monday. So that meant doing brainstorming., layouts, story beats and culminating in two synopsis pages for the pitches.

So - 38 pages of script and a ton of prep + pitchwork.

Status
Not open for further replies.