Random Bookstore Trip

Chris1Alexis

Registered
Reaction score
As soon as I finish reading my friend's manuscript, (he read mine, so it's only fair) I plan on going to Barnes and Nobles and looking through shelves to find a completely random book to get into. I can't have any what it is when I walk in the door.

I wonder how many amazing and addictive books there are on the shelves that don't get much attention. Never tried it before!

Brightdreamer

Just Another Lazy Perfectionist
Registered
Reaction score
Website
brightdreamersbookreviews.blogspot.com
As soon as I finish reading my friend's manuscript, (he read mine, so it's only fair) I plan on going to Barnes and Nobles and looking through shelves to find a completely random book to get into. I can't have any what it is when I walk in the door.

I wonder how many amazing and addictive books there are on the shelves that don't get much attention. Never tried it before!

Sounds like fun - good luck!

(I'm currently wrestling with the age-old problem: the current mountain of to-be-read titles towering beside me, and the 20% coupon B&N just sent me, with the added weight of an unfinished gift card...)

KellyAssauer

The Anti-Magdalene
Registered
Reaction score
I too have an unused B&N gift card and get percent-off emails. I've window shopped to the point where I have decided that the only reasonable thing for me to do is... buy myself more gift cards.

juniper

Always curious.
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Have you heard about those scenarios at coffee shops where one customer will pay for the coffee of the next one, who then pays for the coffee of the next one, etc all down the line?

That would be a fun, although more costly, thing to do at a bookstore. Get to the counter and find a book waiting for you there that the customer ahead of you has purchased, and then you, being a decent soul, pick out a book for the next customer.

And then a month later, everyone get together to discuss the books they were given.

Brightdreamer

Just Another Lazy Perfectionist
Registered
Reaction score
Website
brightdreamersbookreviews.blogspot.com
Have you heard about those scenarios at coffee shops where one customer will pay for the coffee of the next one, who then pays for the coffee of the next one, etc all down the line?

That would be a fun, although more costly, thing to do at a bookstore. Get to the counter and find a book waiting for you there that the customer ahead of you has purchased, and then you, being a decent soul, pick out a book for the next customer.

And then a month later, everyone get together to discuss the books they were given.

That could also be the set-up to a thriller: the reader who gets to the counter of their favorite indie bookstore to find that "someone" has already bought them a book. It starts with stuff they like to read, like a secret admirer's watched them browse, but the titles grow darker and stranger...