• Read this stickie before posting.

• In order to reduce the number of new members requesting a Beta reader before they're really ready for one, we've instituted a 50 post requirement before you can start a thread seeking a Beta reader.
    • You can still volunteer to Beta for someone else; just please don't request someone to Beta for you until you're more familiar with the community and our members.

Beta: M/M high fantasy romance (50k)

Status
Not open for further replies.

c.m.n.

Beary cute ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Registered
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I am looking for a tough beta reader for a 50k M/M high fantasy romance called "The Oracle's Light". The story has had one beta so far, but I need someone to look over the plot line and character stuff and give some good, hard critique to help me polish it up for submission to a publisher.

The story is written in 3rd person POV. It is part of a world series, but there's no need to explain the previous book as all the returning character's stuff is told within this book. This is also essentially my 2nd time writing a fantasy romance, and I tend to focus a lot on character building, while the world building may be lacking compared to other high fantasy's.

I could swap for anything M/M or LGBTQ. Please be aware I am incredibly slow and I also have a beta in progress as well. Maybe an IOU would be best right now.

Message me if interested.

Here's an unedited blurb:

Fithel, ex-captain of the royal guard, thought he'd retire to the open sea. Instead, he finds himself captive aboard a brigand ship. A petty crime draws a harsh penalty, so when pirates raid, he and a fellow prisoner, Anwyl, seize their chance at freedom -- he offers his services in exchange for a new life.

Soon he learns that Anwyl isn't just a shy, silver-haired young man. He's a notorious Oracle, rumored to hold the secret to a demon horde's treasure.

But Anwyl is only a man, unlearned in his own extraordinary powers. Fithel holds the key to unlocking those powers, and to their freedom from captivity. But freedom means opening his scarred heart once again to love, a peril he's long since shunned.

Is it possible to break his stony convictions and steal back their liberty together?

Status
Not open for further replies.